2008 Porsche 911 Consumer Reviews 3

2008 Porsche 911 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 911 model:
08 C4S Cab
By Carl B. on 04/06/08 16:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S 2dr Convertible AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd Porsche and somehow they just keep getting better and better. It's an amazingly civilized car around town. You think it's a pretty quick car until you realize that, most of the time, you're hardly pushing on the accelerator - but when you "floor it', you better be ready to shift because it'll hit the redline before you can blink. The handling borders on absurd. Supple leather seats are very comfortable. There really is no substitute!

08 turbo cab tiptronic
By daniel Minc on 03/02/08 19:36 PM (PST)

2008 Porsche 911 Turbo 2dr Convertible AWD (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Went from an 06 c2s cab stick, to an 08 turbo cab tip. Love the power on demand, glued to the road feeling on country roads. The turbo definitely has a more planted feel on the twisties, probably due to the 4 wheel drive and more weight up front. The c2s felt very light up front with its go kart kind of feel. The main shock to me is how civilized the power train is. Not much of a snarl. no one will hear you and even starting it up is not a noticable event. It unfortunately lacks a killer exhaust note. My 06 C2s started with a snarl which was rewarding. The Tip is smooth as glass, no smg here, and it goes like hell too, but will it fulfill the boy racer desire? Maybe.

It is a perfect 9.9
By GF on 02/27/08 09:27 AM (PST)

2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Yes my dear wife is the only perfect 10. The is the most seamless driving experience I have ever had. Like many others, I have had many exotic cars including previous Porsches. I have/had many Porsche turbos, but this non turbo car delivers the performance without the turbo kick in the rear. You just look down and see three figures on the "clock" pretty quick. Previously, I felt that Porsche suspension, brake, steering and transmission engineers did talk to each other. Now I think they have one guy and he is tops.

My review
By James on 02/09/08 06:41 AM (PST)

2008 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S 2dr Convertible AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This car has been my worst nightmare. Problems started at 400 miles and have only gotten worse. The car has severe cowl shake and I believe that lead to a broken driver side window.

Carrera 2s
By mark fisher on 01/19/08 14:47 PM (PST)

2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My seventh 911, and each successive model gets better and better. The car is now totally updated for the 21st century with huge improvements in handling, comfort, and performance. Have owned many premium automobiles (MB, BMW, Jaguar, Lexus, Corvette) and for my money, the 911S is simply the best car in the world.