Used 2008 Porsche 911 GT2 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Porsche 911 - Consumer Reviews

GT2 3.6L 6-cyl. Twin-turbo 6-speed Manual - (2 reviews )

Worst exotic imitation ever!
By Bill Scallia

2008 Porsche 911 GT2 GT2 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is not an exotic at all! It is not worth the price. I own several other exotic cars, and this is the worst! I enjoy my BMW M Roadster better. Here's why. I am not a huge fan of the design. I was hoping to do a longer road test, since I "heard" that the performance was "good". But, the dealer would only let me try it on traffic laden streets for around 2.5 miles. I THOUGHT it might do better, and so I enthusiastically bought it. Now, I regret it. I sold the car around 5 months after I purchased it for around 65% of the original value. I bought a Mercedes Benz AMG, and it is 500% better. Do not get this exotic want-to-be!

Favorite Features

The navigation system is great! The fuel economy is pretty good, too. I averaged around 24 mpg. The steering wheel was gorgeous, too.

Suggested Improvements

Redesign the car. I hated the design; I bought the car only for the performance reason, since around 5 people (who I don't think own the car) told me it was phenomenal. Also, make bluetooth standard.

Rocketship
By turbodickie

2008 Porsche 911 GT2 GT2 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my 25th Porsche turbo since 1976 and my first GT2. This car is insane for the street. It is almost impossible to drive sanely. The handling is precise. The gas mileage is unbelievable considering it has 530 hp. I can get 27 mpg if I can somehow manage to do 55mph. The brakes are very close to simulating hitting a brick wall. Very overpriced but worth it. Buy one if you can find one!

Favorite Features

Acceleration in spades. Brakes are unworldly. This car will always make you turn and look back at it as you walk away.

Suggested Improvements

Should have a choice of tires-race or street. Comes with sport cups which are unsuitable for rainy weather. More interior color choices would be nice.