2008 Porsche 911 Coupe Consumer Reviews

2008 Porsche 911 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2008 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

View reviews for a specific 911 model:
Glad I bought one!
By BayAreaC4S on 05/14/10 23:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 4S 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Always wanted a Porsche but didn't think I would enjoy it this much. Feel very confident when driving on the highway or mountain roads. Power is always on tap and when you want to go, it moves! Handling is like being on a roller coaster . Built quality is top notch. Not as quite as my wife's Lexus but hearing the engine roar is beautiful too ! Bose Premium Stereo is wonderful. Clear, good highs and bass. Stereo / Nav. takes a bit of getting used to . More complicated then it really needs to be. Should have had Lexus engineered it. Over all this is a great car ! Love the opt. Sports Chrono / Stiffer shocks button ! Makes the C4S a different animal...

2008 C4S
By tigerC4S on 03/06/10 23:14 PM (PST)

2008 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 4S 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This car feels like it was carved out of a solid block of steel ! Heard previous comments on Porsche's Bose stereo that were negative. Porsche must have listened because this Bose system is top notch. Navigation / Computer system is a bit complicated and makes you do more steps then usual to complete the task. I think they fixed this on the 2009s. Bluetooth also lacking. Over all though, this car feels great and is fun to drive daily or just on weekends ! Kudos to Porsche !

Brilliant
By Gnslngr on 11/22/09 06:16 AM (PST)

2008 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera S 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My second Porsche (after a 2007 Cayman) and perhaps my last one. I don't believe they can make a car better than this one. It is not so much a car as it is an experience - this car is a beast when it wants to be and is compliant and docile when my wife is in the passenger seat. I've added an Escort Passport 9500ci to make the experience complete, and now the car (with Sport Chrono, Sport Exhaust, and Sport Shifter) is the dream car I've always wanted. I still cannot believe I own it; I have to do a double take every time I see it in my garage. And the great thing about this car is that it is nowhere near as onerous to own as a Ferrari or Lambo - maintenance is relatively inexpensive.

Best one Yet
By Porsche is the best on 11/15/09 17:06 PM (PST)

2008 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 4S 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

In April I decided to trade in my 2000 Carrera Cabriolet and upgrade to the Carrera 4S. While this is my 7th Porsche since 1978, it has by far the most improvement in any I have had. Obviously the AWD is a luxury along with the turbo wheels and tires and I have yet to hear a peep out of the tires regardless of how hard I push the car. The leather interior upgrade is well worth the price.

Best Car I Have Driven
By The Kid on 10/28/08 13:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera S 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car! It is a joy to drive. It is a joy to let my friends drive it. My wife is not a car person, but she loves driving it and riding in it. It handles better than any MBZ that I have owned. I have always wanted a Porsche and I am 73-years old. It was now or never. It is the best thing that I have ever given myself. The car's handling saved our lives when another driver almost side-swiped us. I don't drive the car much over 75 because getting their sooner makes the fun of the drive shorter. It is just as much fun in city driving as it is on the highway. One minor electrical fix in 15 months. If you can afford to buy or lease, you won't be sorry. I love my Red Monster!

Lives Up To The Dream Of A 10-year-old
By str8line on 07/17/08 14:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera S 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

As a youth my father and I never missed stopping at the Porsche dealer while driving by. I had a love affair with the guards red 911 that seemed to always be on the showroom floor. When in 1979 my dad finally purchased a 911 (930 model)Turbo I reveled in its incredible rocket ship abilities. He sold it when I was 13, but the 3 years he had it made the Porsche 911 my dream car. As a self-made and relatively poor young man I was all but resigned to the fact that a 911 in anything other than a used and older variant just would not be in the cards for me. Skip to Feb. 2008 and I have the good fortune of being shocked every time I enter my garage by the sight of a black 2008 911 Carrera S!

The ultimate driving machine
By JeffinGH on 06/19/08 10:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 4S 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

After having 3 Corvette's I finally made the jump to a Porsche, or should I say leap. It's a different world with this Carrera 4S and talk about fun to drive? The rating of a 10 really doesn't do it justice, maybe a 16.

Well, it's my 4th one.....
By Porscheguy on 06/10/08 15:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera S 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Since 2000, I've been the proud owner of 4 Carrera's, Just traded my 06 C2 Cab for this C2s coupe. What can I say? Porsche's are "the complete package". They provide super car performance, are great daily drivers, get decent fuel economy, are comfortable, good looking, reliable, have great resale value. Some cars give you some this - but none give it all to you like a Porsche. It truly is the "real deal".

Awesome car
By rbt808 on 06/10/08 06:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera S 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third 911, by far the best I had. Fun car to drive and love the handling on corner, great engine noise

911 Turbo fills the Bill
By Max Revs on 04/15/08 23:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Porsche 911 Coupe Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The 997 Turbo Coupe is another leap forward for Porsche. This new model has enthusiastic power across a wide power band, incredible acceleration, and superb handling. While it would be at home on any racing circuit, it also is easy to drive around town and in traffic. It is unusual to find a car that performs so well in a straight line, in the twisties, and can still serve as a daily driver if desired. When the turbos kick in the car will really set you back in the seat.