Used 2008 Porsche 911 Coupe Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Porsche 911 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2008 Porsche 911 Coupe

View reviews for a specific 911 model:

Nothing Even Comes CLOSE!!!
By Michealangelo Harris

2008 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera S 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is purely an ALL OUT STREET RACE car, and yet excellent to travel in. Drove it from Dallas, TX to SUPERIOR TWP, MI, then from SUPERIOR TWP, MI to CHANDLER, Arizona, then back to SUPERIOR TWP, MI. But know, it is not intended for parking and taking short naps in. Oh, and the gas mileage is great, when you set the cruise.
Now, I use it in PCA's autocrosses. Talking about the best of both worlds, WOW. SO glad I choose this model. This is my 14th PORSCHE, I also have a 87' 911 cabrio.

Glad I bought one!
By BayAreaC4S

2008 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 4S 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Always wanted a Porsche but didn't think I would enjoy it this much. Feel very confident when driving on the highway or mountain roads. Power is always on tap and when you want to go, it moves! Handling is like being on a roller coaster . Built quality is top notch. Not as quite as my wife's Lexus but hearing the engine roar is beautiful too ! Bose Premium Stereo is wonderful. Clear, good highs and bass. Stereo / Nav. takes a bit of getting used to . More complicated then it really needs to be. Should have had Lexus engineered it. Over all this is a great car ! Love the opt. Sports Chrono / Stiffer shocks button ! Makes the C4S a different animal...

Sport Chrono / power band and solid handling, Bose Premium Stereo, and most of all the Heritage lines of the 911 are still there !

Make Ceramic Brakes standard . To much brake dust with the current standard brakes .

2008 C4S
By tigerC4S

2008 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 4S 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This car feels like it was carved out of a solid block of steel ! Heard previous comments on Porsche's Bose stereo that were negative. Porsche must have listened because this Bose system is top notch. Navigation / Computer system is a bit complicated and makes you do more steps then usual to complete the task. I think they fixed this on the 2009s. Bluetooth also lacking. Over all though, this car feels great and is fun to drive daily or just on weekends ! Kudos to Porsche !

Quality built. Solid all around. Feel like it is on rails when taking corners. Great Bose sounding stereo. Passing cars is a breeze (even not in sports mode). Love the option to control the ride and quickness with sports mode !

Bluetooth, Less complicated Nav./Computer.

Brilliant
By Gnslngr

2008 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera S 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My second Porsche (after a 2007 Cayman) and perhaps my last one. I don't believe they can make a car better than this one. It is not so much a car as it is an experience - this car is a beast when it wants to be and is compliant and docile when my wife is in the passenger seat. I've added an Escort Passport 9500ci to make the experience complete, and now the car (with Sport Chrono, Sport Exhaust, and Sport Shifter) is the dream car I've always wanted. I still cannot believe I own it; I have to do a double take every time I see it in my garage. And the great thing about this car is that it is nowhere near as onerous to own as a Ferrari or Lambo - maintenance is relatively inexpensive.

Sport Chrono, Sport Exhaust, Sport Shifter, Bose, Nav.

DFI and LSD. Oh, wait, they did that in 2009. Really, it's just perfect as it is.

Best one Yet
By Porsche is the best

2008 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 4S 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

In April I decided to trade in my 2000 Carrera Cabriolet and upgrade to the Carrera 4S. While this is my 7th Porsche since 1978, it has by far the most improvement in any I have had. Obviously the AWD is a luxury along with the turbo wheels and tires and I have yet to hear a peep out of the tires regardless of how hard I push the car. The leather interior upgrade is well worth the price.

Interior, power and handling.

Navigation system is a little awkward and phone system isn't a good option. Porsche should definitely put blue tooth, iphone auxiliary outlet and touch or verbal navigation system in car.