Used 2008 Porsche 911 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 911 model:

Glad I bought one!
By BayAreaC4S

2008 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Always wanted a Porsche but didn't think I would enjoy it this much. Feel very confident when driving on the highway or mountain roads. Power is always on tap and when you want to go, it moves! Handling is like being on a roller coaster . Built quality is top notch. Not as quite as my wife's Lexus but hearing the engine roar is beautiful too ! Bose Premium Stereo is wonderful. Clear, good highs and bass. Stereo / Nav. takes a bit of getting used to . More complicated then it really needs to be. Should have had Lexus engineered it. Over all this is a great car ! Love the opt. Sports Chrono / Stiffer shocks button ! Makes the C4S a different animal...

Favorite Features

Sport Chrono / power band and solid handling, Bose Premium Stereo, and most of all the Heritage lines of the 911 are still there !

Suggested Improvements

Make Ceramic Brakes standard . To much brake dust with the current standard brakes .

2008 C4S
By tigerC4S

2008 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This car feels like it was carved out of a solid block of steel ! Heard previous comments on Porsche's Bose stereo that were negative. Porsche must have listened because this Bose system is top notch. Navigation / Computer system is a bit complicated and makes you do more steps then usual to complete the task. I think they fixed this on the 2009s. Bluetooth also lacking. Over all though, this car feels great and is fun to drive daily or just on weekends ! Kudos to Porsche !

Favorite Features

Quality built. Solid all around. Feel like it is on rails when taking corners. Great Bose sounding stereo. Passing cars is a breeze (even not in sports mode). Love the option to control the ride and quickness with sports mode !

Suggested Improvements

Bluetooth, Less complicated Nav./Computer.

Brilliant
By Gnslngr

2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My second Porsche (after a 2007 Cayman) and perhaps my last one. I don't believe they can make a car better than this one. It is not so much a car as it is an experience - this car is a beast when it wants to be and is compliant and docile when my wife is in the passenger seat. I've added an Escort Passport 9500ci to make the experience complete, and now the car (with Sport Chrono, Sport Exhaust, and Sport Shifter) is the dream car I've always wanted. I still cannot believe I own it; I have to do a double take every time I see it in my garage. And the great thing about this car is that it is nowhere near as onerous to own as a Ferrari or Lambo - maintenance is relatively inexpensive.

Favorite Features

Sport Chrono, Sport Exhaust, Sport Shifter, Bose, Nav.

Suggested Improvements

DFI and LSD. Oh, wait, they did that in 2009. Really, it's just perfect as it is.

Best one Yet
By Porsche is the best

2008 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

In April I decided to trade in my 2000 Carrera Cabriolet and upgrade to the Carrera 4S. While this is my 7th Porsche since 1978, it has by far the most improvement in any I have had. Obviously the AWD is a luxury along with the turbo wheels and tires and I have yet to hear a peep out of the tires regardless of how hard I push the car. The leather interior upgrade is well worth the price.

Favorite Features

Interior, power and handling.

Suggested Improvements

Navigation system is a little awkward and phone system isn't a good option. Porsche should definitely put blue tooth, iphone auxiliary outlet and touch or verbal navigation system in car.

The funnest car to drive
By Mel

2008 Porsche 911 Turbo 2dr Convertible AWD (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

2500rpm's then HOLD ON-the power- handling-color options-fill my fickle, very picky needs! The leather, MUCH FINER than any Bentley- plus you do not have to plug it in at night (like Bentley -Aston-Ferrari- Lambo). The 150,000 is still 100,000 under the competition. Plus it ALWAYS STARTS! LOVE-LOVE IT.