Used 2007 Porsche 911 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Porsche 911 Coupe

View reviews for a specific 911 model:

997S break in
By Alan Eland

2007 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera S 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My fourth porsche and its my most enjoyable car, I had the dealership add sport exhaust and the sound is outstanding in the open mode, it handles great and rides a bit rough in sport mode but I love it.

Favorite Features

Sport exhaust, fun to drive, handles great.

Suggested Improvements

Options are really expensive.

bye bye BMW
By X51C2S

2007 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera S 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

After 35 years of uninterrupted BMW ownership I purchased my first Porsche last August. The car is superb in every way. The X51 kit and PCCBs are just icing on the cake. After 10,500 miles I have yet to have a single fault or problem. I couldn’t be happier.

Favorite Features

Superb handling but yet a comfortable daily driver, great gas mileage considering the high level of performance.

Suggested Improvements

None.

Fantastic everyday car
By J. Goodchild

2007 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

After years of driving high-end sedans and wishing they felt more like a Porsche, I finally bought a 911. I use it everyday, and it is an absolute joy to live with. It is easy to drive around town, it performs well in the rain, its storage space is not large but it's useful, and it is sublime at speed, highway or not. Everything about this car is perfectly placed, weighted, and coordinated. It gets amazingly good mileage for such an exciting car. I got the base 911 - no options and no "S", and I have to say that it feels like I got an awful lot for my money. If you're looking for a truly great car that you can use regularly as well as on the weekends, consider a 911 seriously.

Even a base Carrera rocks!!
By Jakeman

2007 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I wanted a Cayman S, but my wife insisted on having a back seat, so we compromised with a modestly optioned 911. Most 911s sold are 911S models of one kind or another, which adds $7-8K to the car. Having come from a 1997 E36 BMW M3, this is a huge change. You sit lower, steering and suspension are excellent. The torque is impressive and the engine sound - look out. It's a daily-driver style car; don't expect it to feel like a WRX with a lowered suspension. But when you let out the throttle it's fantastic, especially while cornering. It's a classic design and very comfortable to sit in. Save up and order one new; you will avoid getting the ubiquitous silver car with black interior.

Favorite Features

I'm in love with the car, so everything is fantastic.

Suggested Improvements

Ability to use an iPod, but you can do it with aftermarket kits.

2007 911 Turbo (The Best Yet!!)
By mykelsang4lyf

2007 Porsche 911 Coupe Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I just purchased the GT Silver 911 last month for my birthday. I got just about all the options including the carbon ceramic brake package. I chose to get the aluminum trim package as well as the fully adaptive leather seats. A lot of people think the tiptronic is better, but having the 6-speed manual is far more responsive. What I do in this car I know I did. It's beyond amazing. Fuel economy is also amazing for a car with this much power and speed. The best of 2007... the Porsche 911 Turbo gets my vote!

Favorite Features

Carbon ceramic brakes, navigation, audio system, adjustable rear wing, choices of interior trim.

Suggested Improvements

None... it's a perfect mix of everything!