2007 Porsche 911 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 911 model:
Fantastic everyday car
By J. Goodchild on 07/06/07 14:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

After years of driving high-end sedans and wishing they felt more like a Porsche, I finally bought a 911. I use it everyday, and it is an absolute joy to live with. It is easy to drive around town, it performs well in the rain, its storage space is not large but it's useful, and it is sublime at speed, highway or not. Everything about this car is perfectly placed, weighted, and coordinated. It gets amazingly good mileage for such an exciting car. I got the base 911 - no options and no "S", and I have to say that it feels like I got an awful lot for my money. If you're looking for a truly great car that you can use regularly as well as on the weekends, consider a 911 seriously.

Even a base Carrera rocks!!
By Jakeman on 06/27/07 05:13 AM (PDT)

2007 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I wanted a Cayman S, but my wife insisted on having a back seat, so we compromised with a modestly optioned 911. Most 911s sold are 911S models of one kind or another, which adds $7-8K to the car. Having come from a 1997 E36 BMW M3, this is a huge change. You sit lower, steering and suspension are excellent. The torque is impressive and the engine sound - look out. It's a daily-driver style car; don't expect it to feel like a WRX with a lowered suspension. But when you let out the throttle it's fantastic, especially while cornering. It's a classic design and very comfortable to sit in. Save up and order one new; you will avoid getting the ubiquitous silver car with black interior.

2007 911 Turbo (The Best Yet!!)
By mykelsang4lyf on 06/20/07 07:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Porsche 911 Coupe Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I just purchased the GT Silver 911 last month for my birthday. I got just about all the options including the carbon ceramic brake package. I chose to get the aluminum trim package as well as the fully adaptive leather seats. A lot of people think the tiptronic is better, but having the 6-speed manual is far more responsive. What I do in this car I know I did. It's beyond amazing. Fuel economy is also amazing for a car with this much power and speed. The best of 2007... the Porsche 911 Turbo gets my vote!

The only super car you can use every day
By Dan on 05/09/07 11:08 AM (PDT)

2007 Porsche 911 Coupe Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is a leap foward for anyone wanting the performance of a Ferrari/Lamborghini but the practicality of a usable car for every day driving on U.S. roads. There is quite simply no other car that can compare for use on normal road conditions. I did bump the HP & TQ to 600 but it isn't necessary, as this car can deliver everything you could ever desire right off the show room floor.

This car is awesome
By KEF on 03/26/07 15:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first 911. I had always been a fan of American iron but decided to take a look at the Carrera. I took one for a test drive and was hooked. Took it on vacation recently and averaged 25 mpg @ 80 mph. The break-in period is 2k miles and the car has to be driven lightly (under 4K RPM). You'll find yourself parking it at the back of the parking lot to keep poeple from denting the doors. We got one transferred from a different dealer that had Xenon, Bose, heated seats, and a few small options. I would say if you can afford one and are looking for the perfect combination of power, comfort and luxury, this definitely is the car for you. If I had to do it again, I'd get the tiptronic also.

Porsche Paves the Road...
By kevin turner on 12/28/06 08:02 AM (PST)

2007 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This has been the best car that I have ever driven. I have a Range Rover Sport and I thought that was the best, but now this is it. I call them beauty and the beast (the Porsche being beauty and the Sport is the beast).

New to the Porsche Family
By WG on 12/15/06 23:05 PM (PST)

2007 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 4S 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My new 911 C4S has been beyond fun to drive. I cut through traffic like a hot knife through butter. I take corners as if I am on a rail! The car's fit and finish is great. It feels like it will hold up for over 100,000 miles. I am a former BMW 7-Series owner (4 over 10 years), so I am getting use to the lack of space compared to my old cars. That being said every time I get in the car and take off, I get a rush and I forget that I can't place my clubs in the trunk. Having a stick again has been great. Every sports car or performance sedan should have one (Hint BMW and MB folks). Is it worth $100,000? Time will tell. I hope so. If not maybe I'll get an S8 next.

2007 Porsche 911 Turbo
By 07911Turbo on 12/02/06 16:28 PM (PST)

2007 Porsche 911 Coupe Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Simply put, it is the epitome and the pinnacle of all super cars to date.

They get better every year...
By Ross on 10/31/06 11:25 AM (PST)

2007 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This car is much improved over prior years. It is just so well screwed together, plus the performance is outstanding. It has more torque and more HP. I love the new front end, as I always hated to 996 "fried egg" headlamps. I decided not to spring for the "S" version, as the additional $10,000 was tough sell with the wife. This is my fifth Porsche and it finally feels like the price is justified. I splurged for the Carrera 19" wheels - the added grip is noticeable and they are worth every penny. The Litronic headlamps are great too. The new 6-speed is slightly notchy, but this could be due to newness of vehicle.

Glitches!
By rapan on 09/29/06 18:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 4 2dr Coupe AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Electronic glitches plauge the 911! The electronic fuel gauge has a mind of it's own! Overall, though it performs well and has good styling. The manual transmission shifts well and smoothly.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.