Used 2007 Porsche 911 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 911 model:

Look at that S car go!
By mcspeed

2007 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera S 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Mine is a metallic black '07 Carerra S Coupe manual I've driven for 15 months. No real complaints. Fast and very good handling. Drive this car on smooth but curvy roads too get the best of it. Tire noise is a problem on straight concrete, but you don't notice on blacktop. Rear grip is excellent. Acceleration is strong-pulls hard up to 6500 revs. Just the right amount of under steer for an amateur. Way quicker than my previous, a '96 Carerra 2 normal coupe.

Favorite Features

acceleration; cornering.

Suggested Improvements

none.

Porsche 997 series 1
By mcspeed

2007 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera S 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I've driven this low miles '07 Carerra S Coupe for 7 months now and it's a joy every time I get in it. it's my 2nd Carerra, after a '96 C2 Coupe. the difference is like night and day. This car sticks like it's on RAILS, even with the sport setting in off'. with it on, no telling how sticky it would be, but the ride is v harsh with it on. the engine sound is beee yoo tiful!. I like it better than the sound of the air cooled cars, though some will disagree. The S type brakes are very good-they invite you to go hard into corners. I have the basalt metallic black with black leather. looks great and drives great.

Favorite Features

Sound.. acceleration

Suggested Improvements

shorter shift throw would be nice

997 4S
By bob

2007 Porsche 911 Coupe Targa 4S 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Very fun, very fast a blast to drive. Maintenance expensive, but so what? So is the car. This car is a real head turner!

Should have got the Turbo first!
By Woods

2007 Porsche 911 Coupe Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought a nice '07 C2S and only had it for a couple months before getting the Turbo. Night and day! This car has it all...comfort, tons of power and the looks to go with. Mine has the tiptronic transmission and you can find a lot of good and bad reviews about it. For me since I don't track the car I am ok with it. Put it in sport mode and let the fun begin!

Favorite Features

The power is addicting and the car is SOOOO easy to drive fast. You must choose your sprints very carefully or I am sure trouble will find you! The stereo (13 speaker Bose) is also very good.

Suggested Improvements

For an '07 car, it should have had an I-pod connection. The NAV/PCM is a bit confusing and the booklet is thicker than the owners manual! These are minor nit picks though. I love this car.

2007 carmon red c2s (3.8L, 6 sp)
By Tony

2007 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera S 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned this for about a year now. It's still a thrill every time I get into it. Every drive is an event. I live in an area with a lot of twistys. I can't get enough of them. This is my first real sports car. I've driven a lot of sports cars but nothing compares to this. Prior to this, I owned 1996 4-runner with a 4 cyl engine! I can't see myself driving anything other than a Porsche from now own. I'm trying to convince my wife into getting the Panamera as a "family car" :). I average only 18 MPG mainly because the exhaust note is intoxicating above 4000 rpms that you repeatedly max out revs before each shift change. I guess if I didn't do that, I would get better mileage. But who cares.

Favorite Features

Driving experience, exhaust note, shifter, comfort for daily driving.

Suggested Improvements

ipod, iphone adapter, bluetooth (available in the 2009 model).