2006 Porsche 911 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 911 model:
Wow!!
By Mingus on 03/28/06 06:57 AM (PST)

2006 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S 2dr Convertible AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My 2006 C4S Cabriolet is more fun than what should be legal! I've wanted a 911 for as long as I can remember, however, as a tall guy (6'3"), the cockpits on previous versions were too cramped. Porsche finally saw the light for the 997 and the redesigned interior offers more leg room, not to mention, with the optional "full leather" package, a classy appearance commesurate with a car of this caliber (and price!). This car is really FAST and the all-wheel-drive holds turns at speeds you wouldn't believe possible. I've never felt so confident behind the wheel as I do with this car. I've owned high-end Mercedes and BMWs and this car blows them away. The exterior styling gets a big "thumbs up".

There is no Substitute
By w corsini on 02/17/06 18:37 PM (PST)

2006 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have always wanted a 911 for a long time and when I finally got one, I was not disappointed. I have not used the radio as the engine is a joy to listen to through the rev range. Its cornering and braking have to be experianced to be beleived. This car is a must have.

Awesome!
By Coop on 02/12/06 10:52 AM (PST)

2006 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S 2dr Convertible AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

The 2006 C4S Cab is the most enjoyable car I have ever owned! Porsche did this one right by raising the headlights and widening the rear fenders. The power of the S model is perfect. I have owned a Turbo model in the past and would never go back as the 911 S is the perferct balance of power and control. Porsche remains my top pick with the new 997 model now out in a convertible!

My First Porsche...Best Car I've Ever Owned!
By jrl on 01/26/06 17:00 PM (PST)

2006 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My 911 Carrera 4S is my first Porsche and I am awed by the experience. It handles and performs better than anything I ever owned (BMW 750, Jaguar XJRs, Mercedes-Benz 500 etc.) Everything you read about all the improvements made to this model can't come close to the experience of actually driving it. I agree with one other review, If you drive it ...you'll buy it. That's what happened to me!

2006 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible
By barryvon on 01/16/06 18:02 PM (PST)

2006 Porsche 911 Carrera S 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My 2006 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible is silver with the natural brown leather (baseball glove) interior. It is beautiful. I have not had any issues with it, other than my dealership. It sounds good and moves great. The best feature is the PASM & PSM, which make this 911 a comfortable daily driver. This feature alone antiquates pre-2005 models. The S package for $10,000 makes the needed difference. Get the S and get the full leather option as well, for $4800, the rich leather smell and look are awesome. My garage smells like leather and the engine every morning. This car's total price came to $107,000, which is more than I expected but once you are spending $91,500 what's the difference, add the ubgrades and make it a great luxury car. It has a quiet convertible top. This car sounds awesome in a tunnel! There is no wind with the screen and windows up. It has a good navigation system, too.

The Ultimate Daily Driver
By Speed Racer on 01/01/06 19:07 PM (PST)

2006 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Convertible (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Having owned 17 cars in my lifetime with most of them being sportscars this is my second Porsche 911 and I have finally found a car that I will purchase for the rest of my life. It is very predictable, even when pushed to the limit, it is fun to drive, and the sound of the engine is pure pleasure. But the best thing of all is that it can be used as a daily driver unlike many exotics. Why only use your sports car on the weekends? If there is anything to critizise, it would be minor build quality issues, but all warranty related issues are graciously handled by the dealership.

This year, there really is no substitute
By fredflyer on 12/10/05 09:03 AM (PST)

2006 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is the fourth Porsche I have owned and I traded a 2002 Turbo for my new C4S. The handling characteristics are superior along with the ride. There is a sports suspension and exhaust setting that sweetens the tones of the engine even more. The body, which includes a very wide rear held up by 19" wheels looks like it was sculpted by an artist. The sports chrono package, which includes a dash mounted stop watch demonstrates Porsche's ability to evolve without forgetng its roots. The classic "rounded" headlights are back. If you go and drive one, you will buy it.

Gone To Heaven
By Wrinkledoc on 12/06/05 16:40 PM (PST)

2006 Porsche 911 Carrera S 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This car is too fun too drive. It looks great, drives great, sounds great. What's not to like? I feel like I have died and gone to automotive heaven.

2006 Porsche 911 Carrera Coupe
By Carlos on 11/15/05 13:27 PM (PST)

2006 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I am the proud owner of a 2006, 2006 Porsche 911 Carrera Coupe! The 997 is AWESOME. It has great brakes, engine, suspension, interior design, and yes…that sexy body style with an attitude! I love driving the 997; it’s superb in response, handling, and breaking. I feel like a combat fighter pilot on a mission. Talk about stress therapy, drive a 997 and feel invigorated every time you take the perfect apex. Driving the 997 will make you a believer of the slogan, “Porsche there is no substitute."

First Porsche
By John Patronis on 10/24/05 09:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is the car I have been wanting for years and I am not dissapointed. This 2006 911 is rapidly becoming my daily driver. The more I drive it the more I appreciate the quality and the experience it provides as well as being very user friendly for the daily errands etc....but when you need to get on it hold on because it can hang with the best. This is my first Porsche, but it won't be my last. Thumbs up to Porsche for the ultimate vehicle.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.