2006 Porsche 911 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 911 model:
What a Car!
By poodlecrazy4 on 11/03/06 12:18 PM (PST)

2006 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 2dr Coupe AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

The lease on my Cayenne turbo was ending and I had always wanted a Carrera. This car is beyond even my expectations! It's extremely comfortable, a blast to drive, and handles like perfection! The braking is truly exceptional. When you are driving, you feel like you are in a car that is much more substantial in size. It's ROCK SOLID!

Still Tops in Anybody's Book
By Zeek on 09/03/06 12:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Porsche 911 Carrera S 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This car is just plain excellent, as I have come to expect from Porsche (this being my 8th one). I bought the Carrera S only because there was no Turbo available at the time, My Turbo should be arriving any time now. The phrase "Porsche, There Is No Substitute" is very fitting for this, and all their cars.

Worth the Wait
By Cruz on 09/01/06 05:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Porsche 911 Carrera S 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

After driving a Boxster S for two years I couldn't wait any longer and went big for a 2006 Carrera S convertible. So far all I can say is WOW! The performance of the car is unmatched with more potential than I will probably ever use. I loved my Boxster S but the power and handling of a 911 S is worth every dollar I spent on it. I did reseach on all the top end sports cars and if your looking to upgrade look no further than the 911. I had plenty of "competition" come up to me in the Boxster...now when I have cars come up fast from behind you can literally see them back off after reading the Carrera S on the back.

Jekyl and Hyde
By Dave on 06/07/06 14:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Porsche 911 Carrera S 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

The performance and handling are spectacular - effortlessly fast, solid, sure and nimble. On the track at the Porsche Driving Experience, the capabilities of this exceptional machine are revealed to the drivers. Even after a day of on-track training, a few hot laps with the instructors at the wheel show that only a fraction of the 911's abilities will be ever tested on the street by us mere mortals. This car is personal; it fits like a fine leather glove. The controls are simple and intuitive, once programmed for driver preferences.

Great Car
By David on 05/14/06 07:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Porsche 911 Carrera S 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

The 2006 Porsche 911 turned out to be one of the best sports cars on the market. It has great handling, style, performance, and so much more. It is worth every penny of its price.

Porsche Carrerra
By Carl Barnhill on 05/09/06 15:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 2dr Coupe AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

What a terrific driving experience! This car has speed, handling, flexibility, grace, style and power. It is easy to drive and the performance is even more than expected.

It just makes me smile...
By Lori Suggs on 04/30/06 17:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Precision, power, happiness...that saysit all about the Porsche 911. I am always complimented with a smile. It is such an incredible driving machine.

Porsche Carrera S Convertible
By RT on 04/16/06 00:43 AM (PDT)

2006 Porsche 911 Carrera S 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in my my hard top for a convettible. Believe it or not, the inside is as quiet as the hard top's was. The interior should be more luxurious since the car costs $100,000+. I have a 325W Bose stereo but am not too impressed. It still sounds FLAT when the top is down. Last week I up grade the Amp to 600W. Now the car is awesome. NOTE TO EVERYONE: Remember every Porsche is different from others. For example, one car's crutch feels different from others. From my experience, all 3 Porsches I have owned, everything is perfect except one minor defect. My first one had loose inside door handles. With my second one, the car vibrated hard when the AC was on. Now in my third one, there is a rattling noise from the driver's side door while crusing. My dealer could not repaid any of these issues.

Worth the Wait
By keepsdad on 04/04/06 05:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

At 53 years of age, I finally took the plunge and bought a new '06 911 Carrera 2 coupe, 6-speed, black on black. My, my, my has it been worth the wait! Can you say handling beyond your wildest dreams? It is fast, but I have driven faster. What sets it apart though is its incredible smoothness and overall mechanical balance. The workmanship is spectacular - I now understand why you see a ton of these still running after 20 years. Although it is hard to argue that any car is worth $75,000, I can at least understand why this car costs that much. It is over-engineered and built to incredible fit and finish standards. It is everything (and more) that I had ever hoped and dreamed that it would be.

My Third Porsche
By RYT on 03/28/06 23:55 PM (PST)

2006 Porsche 911 Carrera S 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third Porsche. I have had hard tops previously, but convertib les are the best. It is pretty quiet compared to the hard top. I got all options. I am not too happy with the Bose high end stereo though. It sounds flat. The exterior needs some changes. LED will be nice. This car is fun to drive. It's a real head turner. For daily use it is OK. It needs more luxury inside for $110,000.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.