2006 Porsche 911 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 911 model:
Still Tops in Anybody's Book
By Zeek on 09/03/06 12:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera S 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This car is just plain excellent, as I have come to expect from Porsche (this being my 8th one). I bought the Carrera S only because there was no Turbo available at the time, My Turbo should be arriving any time now. The phrase "Porsche, There Is No Substitute" is very fitting for this, and all their cars.

Porsche Carrerra
By Carl Barnhill on 05/09/06 15:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 4 2dr Coupe AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

What a terrific driving experience! This car has speed, handling, flexibility, grace, style and power. It is easy to drive and the performance is even more than expected.

It just makes me smile...
By Lori Suggs on 04/30/06 17:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Precision, power, happiness...that saysit all about the Porsche 911. I am always complimented with a smile. It is such an incredible driving machine.

Worth the Wait
By keepsdad on 04/04/06 05:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

At 53 years of age, I finally took the plunge and bought a new '06 911 Carrera 2 coupe, 6-speed, black on black. My, my, my has it been worth the wait! Can you say handling beyond your wildest dreams? It is fast, but I have driven faster. What sets it apart though is its incredible smoothness and overall mechanical balance. The workmanship is spectacular - I now understand why you see a ton of these still running after 20 years. Although it is hard to argue that any car is worth $75,000, I can at least understand why this car costs that much. It is over-engineered and built to incredible fit and finish standards. It is everything (and more) that I had ever hoped and dreamed that it would be.

There is no Substitute
By w corsini on 02/17/06 18:37 PM (PST)

2006 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have always wanted a 911 for a long time and when I finally got one, I was not disappointed. I have not used the radio as the engine is a joy to listen to through the rev range. Its cornering and braking have to be experianced to be beleived. This car is a must have.

My First Porsche...Best Car I've Ever Owned!
By jrl on 01/26/06 17:00 PM (PST)

2006 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 4S 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My 911 Carrera 4S is my first Porsche and I am awed by the experience. It handles and performs better than anything I ever owned (BMW 750, Jaguar XJRs, Mercedes-Benz 500 etc.) Everything you read about all the improvements made to this model can't come close to the experience of actually driving it. I agree with one other review, If you drive it ...you'll buy it. That's what happened to me!

This year, there really is no substitute
By fredflyer on 12/10/05 09:03 AM (PST)

2006 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 4S 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is the fourth Porsche I have owned and I traded a 2002 Turbo for my new C4S. The handling characteristics are superior along with the ride. There is a sports suspension and exhaust setting that sweetens the tones of the engine even more. The body, which includes a very wide rear held up by 19" wheels looks like it was sculpted by an artist. The sports chrono package, which includes a dash mounted stop watch demonstrates Porsche's ability to evolve without forgetng its roots. The classic "rounded" headlights are back. If you go and drive one, you will buy it.

2006 Porsche 911 Carrera Coupe
By Carlos on 11/15/05 13:27 PM (PST)

2006 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I am the proud owner of a 2006, 2006 Porsche 911 Carrera Coupe! The 997 is AWESOME. It has great brakes, engine, suspension, interior design, and yes…that sexy body style with an attitude! I love driving the 997; it’s superb in response, handling, and breaking. I feel like a combat fighter pilot on a mission. Talk about stress therapy, drive a 997 and feel invigorated every time you take the perfect apex. Driving the 997 will make you a believer of the slogan, “Porsche there is no substitute."

First Porsche
By John Patronis on 10/24/05 09:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is the car I have been wanting for years and I am not dissapointed. This 2006 911 is rapidly becoming my daily driver. The more I drive it the more I appreciate the quality and the experience it provides as well as being very user friendly for the daily errands etc....but when you need to get on it hold on because it can hang with the best. This is my first Porsche, but it won't be my last. Thumbs up to Porsche for the ultimate vehicle.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.