Used 2006 Porsche 911 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Porsche 911 Convertible

View reviews for a specific 911 model:

1st but not last!
By spdmn

2006 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera 2dr Convertible (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased a 2006 911 Cab six months ago w/ 10k miles on it. Think I paid too much, but, now I just think who cares?! That's saying a lot since I'm notoriously cheap, the car is simply fun to drive and it has a cool factor like no other so say my kids, which is the only opinion that matters in my book. Sports package, white, chrome wheels, and all the extras that can be crammed in. It's driving nirvana. Can't wait until the next one, although, how do you part with something you've grown to love???

Favorite Features

Convertible, Bucket Seats, Sport Package, Integrated Phone package, Premium Bose sound, Alloy Rims. Love the carrera white/navy blue combo. NY Yankees fan!

Suggested Improvements

More speed, smaller window to close on first try upon raising the top. Wish I had the S and the upgrade, however, everything I found had 90k miles and higher.

Fun, Sexy, fun-to-drive, overpriced
By 997

2006 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera 2dr Convertible (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This was my first Porsche. It's fun to drive. Even fun to keep clean. Overpriced for what it is. Exterior fit and finish is very good. Interior quality is mid-stream. Accessories are silly overpriced. So far no mechanical issues. Depreciation is substantial. Do I love my Porsche...yes. I always look forward to being behind the wheel, with the top down and the music on. It's a WOW!

Favorite Features

looks, engine sound, cabriolet,

Suggested Improvements

better quality interior materials, lower cost of ownership.

All the Porsche you need
By Phil

2006 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera S 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

A fantastic car, very fast, incredible handling, wonderful quality. I have owned other Porsches and BMW's, but this car never fails to impress me, a real treat to drive.

Favorite Features

power and handling

Suggested Improvements

none

911 S way to go
By John

2006 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera S 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this car used one year ago and I am still going around driving it just for fun on a daily basis. This car is just plain fun to drive. It picks you up, keeps you happy. For a car I cannot think of a better purchase. Ferrari? Got 200K? Lotus? Looks like a Go Cart. Vette? Stiff American muscle car, no sophistication. Sorry, but this car is tops. Expensive but not unreal. I can think of no faults. Sure, it could use a blue tooth and XM Radio options but this is just a classy, amazing automobile. Buy one before life passes you by! Oh, and if you live in a nice climate get the convertible!! Just adds 50% more fun to the drive. Amazing car.

Favorite Features

acceleration, looks, sound, steering, road feel.

Suggested Improvements

blue tooth and XM Radio option

Better than i could have imagined
By Sweet!

2006 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera 4 2dr Convertible AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Yes this car is everything it's made out to be, fast, quick, sexy, bold, stunning, sexy, an ego stroker without compare. EVERYONE looks and looks again. But the real rush is not all the exterior fuss but that feeling deep inside that let's you know I made it! This car is one with the driver, four seats, yeah right! lol This car is an extension of your driving capabilities, an expression of your need to find space and create space on the fly. Own a 745 BMW that I simply adore but sometimes, everyday if I could, you just want it to be about "you"...and nothing else. Driving down PCH on a beautiful California night with the top down and my beautiful wife. Well it doesn't get better. Nice!

Favorite Features

Love the power, brakes are awesome and the sound system with the bass UP is incredible! The car is real world ready, cup holders that work, and the air condition that is better than my 745 BMW. Imagine that?

Suggested Improvements

KEY! Like the BMW soap bar type better when it's in my pants pocket and the Porsche key is kind of dated. Even my son's Acura TL's key hides the "key" in a more comfortable design. Is that petty?