2006 Porsche 911 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 911 model:
1st but not last!
By spdmn on 02/18/14 06:22 AM (PST)

2006 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera 2dr Convertible (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased a 2006 911 Cab six months ago w/ 10k miles on it. Think I paid too much, but, now I just think who cares?! That's saying a lot since I'm notoriously cheap, the car is simply fun to drive and it has a cool factor like no other so say my kids, which is the only opinion that matters in my book. Sports package, white, chrome wheels, and all the extras that can be crammed in. It's driving nirvana. Can't wait until the next one, although, how do you part with something you've grown to love???

Fun, Sexy, fun-to-drive, overpriced
By 997 on 01/07/10 12:55 PM (PST)

2006 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera 2dr Convertible (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This was my first Porsche. It's fun to drive. Even fun to keep clean. Overpriced for what it is. Exterior fit and finish is very good. Interior quality is mid-stream. Accessories are silly overpriced. So far no mechanical issues. Depreciation is substantial. Do I love my Porsche...yes. I always look forward to being behind the wheel, with the top down and the music on. It's a WOW!

All the Porsche you need
By Phil on 04/17/09 05:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera S 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

A fantastic car, very fast, incredible handling, wonderful quality. I have owned other Porsches and BMW's, but this car never fails to impress me, a real treat to drive.

911 S way to go
By John on 07/10/08 23:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera S 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this car used one year ago and I am still going around driving it just for fun on a daily basis. This car is just plain fun to drive. It picks you up, keeps you happy. For a car I cannot think of a better purchase. Ferrari? Got 200K? Lotus? Looks like a Go Cart. Vette? Stiff American muscle car, no sophistication. Sorry, but this car is tops. Expensive but not unreal. I can think of no faults. Sure, it could use a blue tooth and XM Radio options but this is just a classy, amazing automobile. Buy one before life passes you by! Oh, and if you live in a nice climate get the convertible!! Just adds 50% more fun to the drive. Amazing car.

Better than i could have imagined
By Sweet! on 07/01/08 12:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera 4 2dr Convertible AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Yes this car is everything it's made out to be, fast, quick, sexy, bold, stunning, sexy, an ego stroker without compare. EVERYONE looks and looks again. But the real rush is not all the exterior fuss but that feeling deep inside that let's you know I made it! This car is one with the driver, four seats, yeah right! lol This car is an extension of your driving capabilities, an expression of your need to find space and create space on the fly. Own a 745 BMW that I simply adore but sometimes, everyday if I could, you just want it to be about "you"...and nothing else. Driving down PCH on a beautiful California night with the top down and my beautiful wife. Well it doesn't get better. Nice!

Amazing handling, feel, & build quality
By Aaron on 06/15/08 09:26 AM (PDT)

2006 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera S 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Porsche comes out #1 again in the J.D Power survey with build quality and my experience is no different. Classic styling never grows old. It makes your heart skip a beat every time. Porsche's adaptive sport seats are the best I've ever owned. The handling & driver feedback is amazing for this car. This isn't a hick muscle car that's only good for driving in a straight line. Take this car into the twisties and you'll see what owning a Porsche is all about. The agility is amazing, and Porsche did a great job of keeping the weight very low in the 3000's unlike inferior German competitors that can only boast a handful of extra hp's and trunk space.

Ultimate convertible
By flesavoy on 05/26/08 19:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera 2dr Convertible (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

No drama in the curves no matter what speed. Prestige and power, Gotta love it!

911 S Review
By mpulos on 01/02/07 12:12 PM (PST)

2006 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera S 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best car I have ever owned! I had a BMW M3 before this, but the 911 is definitely a car for the true enthusiast.

A Rocket on Steroids
By CardinalsFan on 12/16/06 16:04 PM (PST)

2006 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera S 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second 911. The 2006 Carrera S is lightning fast. Press the Sport Crono package button, hit the gas, and what a blast. The difference between by 2001 911 and my 2006 is substantial. The 2006 model offers much more comfort and more acceleration. It is more expensive, but in my opinion, it's worth it.

Porsche S4 Cab is an Awesome Ride
By Rich on 11/08/06 22:14 PM (PST)

2006 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera 4S 2dr Convertible AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have never owned a Porsche until now and wondered afterwards why I waited so long. This car looks, handles, performs like no other car I have driven. The S4 version makes for a wide body car that looks very aggressive (305ZR3519) with steam roller rubber under the rear combined with four wheel drive option gives you tremendous confidence in accelerating hard into corners. It is one of the most fun cars to drive and with the sport exhaust, six speed transmission and sport seats that hug you and allow you to push the car, you feel like your driving a race car. The sport exhaust not only adds to the performance but provides sweetest sounding engine notes from a production exhaust. The car is a great value.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.