2006 Porsche 911 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 911 model:
1st but not last!
By spdmn on 02/18/14 06:22 AM (PST)

2006 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Convertible (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased a 2006 911 Cab six months ago w/ 10k miles on it. Think I paid too much, but, now I just think who cares?! That's saying a lot since I'm notoriously cheap, the car is simply fun to drive and it has a cool factor like no other so say my kids, which is the only opinion that matters in my book. Sports package, white, chrome wheels, and all the extras that can be crammed in. It's driving nirvana. Can't wait until the next one, although, how do you part with something you've grown to love???

The Real Deal
By mnor on 11/04/11 12:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

You can easily pay thousands more for a Ferrari but why would you? The Carrera is the finest, real world, daily drive exotic sports car on the planet. As far as looks, realibility, speed, and fun this is the car to own. The down side, is maintenance costs but to be candid this is to be expected of any high end sports car and if this is a problem for you, then you should be driving a Carrera.

Fun, Sexy, fun-to-drive, overpriced
By 997 on 01/07/10 12:55 PM (PST)

2006 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Convertible (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This was my first Porsche. It's fun to drive. Even fun to keep clean. Overpriced for what it is. Exterior fit and finish is very good. Interior quality is mid-stream. Accessories are silly overpriced. So far no mechanical issues. Depreciation is substantial. Do I love my Porsche...yes. I always look forward to being behind the wheel, with the top down and the music on. It's a WOW!

Thinking about a Porsche? Just get it!
By Eric on 11/29/09 19:47 PM (PST)

2006 Porsche 911 Carrera S 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Somehow the Carrera S manages to exceed nearly everyone's expectations including mine. I favor performance over luxury and am impressed at how Porsche delivers both in the 997S. If you want luxury, consider getting full leather as the interior is a bit plain without it. I previously owned a Cayman S and did at least a dozen track days in it. My Carrera S came with the sport exhaust that to me, sounded just ok. I added AWE cats and exhaust and wow! It sounds great and the car is surprisingly faster, such that I now clearly enjoy it more than the Cayman S.

All the Porsche you need
By Phil on 04/17/09 05:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Porsche 911 Carrera S 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

A fantastic car, very fast, incredible handling, wonderful quality. I have owned other Porsches and BMW's, but this car never fails to impress me, a real treat to drive.

Porsche. There is no Substitute.
By Racer X on 01/28/09 14:26 PM (PST)

2006 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have purchased my first Porsche, a 2006 C4S. I have owned many cars to include a BMW M3. Nothing compares to a 911! Period! A Porsche is a Porsche but, the 911 Carrera is a very special Porsche; which can be told by the amount of people that are still hand making them compared to the other Porsche models. I don't have to consistently say the 911 is an awesome car, go and test drive one yourself and become a believer. Don't worry about Bluetooth, iPod connections, cup holders, etc, etc! This is the epitome of a sportscar, not and SUV! Don't cry about creature features, just enjoy the pleasurable driving experience on a daily basis as Porsche intended you too from the beginning!

More fun than any other P car I've owned
By mark on 12/28/08 18:18 PM (PST)

2006 Porsche 911 Carrera S 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I've had 911s, 996, 996 C4S, and a few Boxster S for for second home drivers. Nothing compares to the 997 CS. It has plenty of speed, won't tire you out like a GT3 or a box S, the handling is superb, in or out of sport mode. Bought this used with 8500 miles on it. Got rid of a 04 C4S, no comparison. Been driving P cars for almost 30 years and this one has me smiling. Drove the Big Sur coast this am with the sun coming up with a big grin.

911 S way to go
By John on 07/10/08 23:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Porsche 911 Carrera S 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this car used one year ago and I am still going around driving it just for fun on a daily basis. This car is just plain fun to drive. It picks you up, keeps you happy. For a car I cannot think of a better purchase. Ferrari? Got 200K? Lotus? Looks like a Go Cart. Vette? Stiff American muscle car, no sophistication. Sorry, but this car is tops. Expensive but not unreal. I can think of no faults. Sure, it could use a blue tooth and XM Radio options but this is just a classy, amazing automobile. Buy one before life passes you by! Oh, and if you live in a nice climate get the convertible!! Just adds 50% more fun to the drive. Amazing car.

Better than i could have imagined
By Sweet! on 07/01/08 12:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 2dr Convertible AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Yes this car is everything it's made out to be, fast, quick, sexy, bold, stunning, sexy, an ego stroker without compare. EVERYONE looks and looks again. But the real rush is not all the exterior fuss but that feeling deep inside that let's you know I made it! This car is one with the driver, four seats, yeah right! lol This car is an extension of your driving capabilities, an expression of your need to find space and create space on the fly. Own a 745 BMW that I simply adore but sometimes, everyday if I could, you just want it to be about "you"...and nothing else. Driving down PCH on a beautiful California night with the top down and my beautiful wife. Well it doesn't get better. Nice!

Amazing handling, feel, & build quality
By Aaron on 06/15/08 09:26 AM (PDT)

2006 Porsche 911 Carrera S 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Porsche comes out #1 again in the J.D Power survey with build quality and my experience is no different. Classic styling never grows old. It makes your heart skip a beat every time. Porsche's adaptive sport seats are the best I've ever owned. The handling & driver feedback is amazing for this car. This isn't a hick muscle car that's only good for driving in a straight line. Take this car into the twisties and you'll see what owning a Porsche is all about. The agility is amazing, and Porsche did a great job of keeping the weight very low in the 3000's unlike inferior German competitors that can only boast a handful of extra hp's and trunk space.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.