Used 2006 Porsche 911 Consumer Reviews - 41 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Porsche 911

View reviews for a specific 911 model:

1st but not last!
By spdmn

2006 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Convertible (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased a 2006 911 Cab six months ago w/ 10k miles on it. Think I paid too much, but, now I just think who cares?! That's saying a lot since I'm notoriously cheap, the car is simply fun to drive and it has a cool factor like no other so say my kids, which is the only opinion that matters in my book.

Sports package, white, chrome wheels, and all the extras that can be crammed in. It's driving nirvana. Can't wait until the next one, although, how do you part with something you've grown to love???

Convertible, Bucket Seats, Sport Package, Integrated Phone package, Premium Bose sound, Alloy Rims. Love the carrera white/navy blue combo. NY Yankees fan!

More speed, smaller window to close on first try upon raising the top. Wish I had the S and the upgrade, however, everything I found had 90k miles and higher.

The Real Deal
By mnor

2006 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

You can easily pay thousands more for a Ferrari but why would you? The Carrera is the finest, real world, daily drive exotic sports car on the planet.

As far as looks, realibility, speed, and fun this is the car to own. The down side, is maintenance costs but to be candid this is to be expected of any high end sports car and if this is a problem for you, then you should be driving a Carrera.

Style, quality

Too many things that should be standard on a $90k car are options

Fun, Sexy, fun-to-drive, overpriced
By 997

2006 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Convertible (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This was my first Porsche. It's fun to drive. Even fun to keep clean. Overpriced for what it is. Exterior fit and finish is very good. Interior quality is mid-stream. Accessories are silly overpriced. So far no mechanical issues. Depreciation is substantial. Do I love my Porsche...yes. I always look forward to being behind the wheel, with the top down and the music on. It's a WOW!

looks, engine sound, cabriolet,

better quality interior materials, lower cost of ownership.

Thinking about a Porsche? Just get it!
By Eric

2006 Porsche 911 Carrera S 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Somehow the Carrera S manages to exceed nearly everyone's expectations including mine. I favor performance over luxury and am impressed at how Porsche delivers both in the 997S. If you want luxury, consider getting full leather as the interior is a bit plain without it. I previously owned a Cayman S and did at least a dozen track days in it. My Carrera S came with the sport exhaust that to me, sounded just ok. I added AWE cats and exhaust and wow! It sounds great and the car is surprisingly faster, such that I now clearly enjoy it more than the Cayman S.

The factory GT3 aero kit though admittedly a little over the top for most, exotic performance with "Honda like" reliability.

make the factory sport exhaust actually sound good

All the Porsche you need
By Phil

2006 Porsche 911 Carrera S 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

A fantastic car, very fast, incredible handling, wonderful quality. I have owned other Porsches and BMW's, but this car never fails to impress me, a real treat to drive.

power and handling