Used 2005 Porsche 911 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Porsche 911 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 911 model:

Porsche - There is no substitute
By dht

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

While giving more than lip service to comfort, the new 911 has improved on its already awesome acceleration and handling. I have a "base" model Carrera w/ few options and it delivers handling, class, and admiring comments wherever I travel. I paid $69,000 for my C2 model and have not regretted it -- the extra 10 to 15K for the S model didn't seem worth the extra dollars. I test drove both the Carrera and the Carrera S, and there was no real discernible performance improvement for the extra bucks.

Handling -- I've had mine at 145 mph and it feels rock-solid with a powerful reserve (supposed to do 177 mph per Porsche, but I doubt I'll ever take it that fast on a public road).

Porsche is shameless in their nickle and dime-ing customers for options that should be standard equipment. Its just plain unseemly and cheap behavior for such a fine automaker!

4S Cabriolet
By Randy

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S AWD 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

After one year this car is still just as much fun to drive. The convertible top is a neat feature and this car's reliability has been excellent.

Handling and performance.

Hook for floor mats, move cup holder, auto on lights, and rain sensitive wipers.

Love my Porsche
By Deborah

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S AWD 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I love my car. It's fast, fun to drive, sticks to the road and I feel safe driving it. I love driving with the top down. The only thing I have a complaint about is the emissions. I've had to take it to service a few times to adjust the check engine light. The emissions system is very delicate on this car.

The body style, the seats, the way the stick shift feels, the console, carbon fiber package, and heated seats.

They should come up with a fan (cooling system) for the seats.

O my turbo
By Ron

2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S AWD 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The best handling car and the fastest car I have ever owned. At 175 mph it feels like 75. Very fast and stops just as well with no brake fade.

Speed and handling

none

One hot drop top
By Jocko

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle is like riding a rocket ship. I have an '89 and the obvious diference is performance, style,etc. The sport mode in the new Cab lets you feel the road and all of the great Porsche features ,speed, handling, and the interiors are really boss. Go Porsche!

The wider rear in the S model looks great. The interior is like a space module. Handling is great and the torque is the bomb.

None.