2005 Porsche 911 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 911 model:
Porsche 997S
By Jim on 03/15/05 00:21 AM (PST)

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Porsche delivers with this car! As an owner of the three prior 911 versions, this one is a BIG step forward and won't disappoint!

model 997 Coupe
By RSLAPPIN on 03/10/05 12:51 PM (PST)

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

It's very new but a lot of fun. Been promising me this car for a while. Love it.

Goodbye SL500 Hello 911
By 05Black911 on 03/05/05 10:48 AM (PST)

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

After a series of problems with my new '03 SL500, I decided to roll the dice and replace it with an '05 911 Carrera. Wow, what a difference! The Porsche is a weekend car, and I love the way it handles through the southern California canyons on the weekends compared to the much heavier SL roadster. The six speed shifter is well designed and easy to use (although I have to wait another thousand miles or so on the odometer to really push it to the redline). I'm also impressed with the fit and finish of the car -- so far not one mechanical defect. I've owned several MBs and BMWs (my daily driver is an X5 SUV), and so far I don't feel the Porsche will be as problematic as past experiences.

Porsche-there is no substitute
By Tim Hagen on 03/03/05 16:36 PM (PST)

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Porsche is the best built car in the world. The braking, handling, and over all performane is second to none. Overall quality and attention to details create a vehile that only a true enthusiast would appreciate, and understand what a real "driving machine" is all about. Porsche has won more races that any mark, and their road cars are prove that evolution, is superior to" revolution"

European delivery
By Randy on 02/26/05 11:20 AM (PST)

2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

We picked car up at the Stuttgart Germany factory after a test drive on Porsche's Weissach test track and a factory tour. Fascinating! What an amazing production facility. The turbo was as easy to drive in city traffic with its 6 speed manual as it was to do 150+ on the autobahn. The car clung to the narrow Swiss mountain curves like it was a valley strait away. Its awesome power threw us back in our seats. 50 to 100 was like 25 to 60 in our old C4. The removable hard top made the ride quiet and smooth like an excellent luxury car. At 6' tall, leg room let me stretch out. The navigation system was supurb & got us to our Paris hotel with no wrong turn. Gas was 14 to 22 MPG.

Amazing!
By Steven on 02/14/05 23:22 PM (PST)

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is the most amazing automobile that I have ever driven. It handles like a race car, its brakes like no other car, and it accelerates like cars costing two to three times as much. This is the best sports car under $100,000 in the world, and one of the few that can handle the rigors of daily commuting.

Love my turbo s
By lacey on 02/12/05 15:37 PM (PST)

2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The only problem I have is that a new body style 997 came out in 2005. I only wish they would have made the 2005 Turbo S Cab in the 997 body style. Otherwise this car is all you could want in a sports car. I added the performance chip, tubi exhauast, lowenhart rims, lowered it and added some suede. I ordered almost every option except the back up sensors, (I wish I would have) they really help in tight areas. I love the look and feel of this car.

Carrera S
By Unknown Variant on 02/08/05 18:49 PM (PST)

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My first 911 ever and after 76,000 in a very modified C5 Corvette. This Carrera S is smooth refinement... the motor and drivetrain are a thing of precision beauty, shifts are light and crisp with snick, snick, snick sounds. Driving fun is at a new high with the Carrera S, a greater sense of driving. Porsche's three level steel safety cage, steel door beams, side impact airbags, 18 gauge steel body panels and race proven brakes removed safety concerns I always had before. Porsche's coil over damper suspension with multilink rear for strength add a chassis equal to the 4 cam motor, both of which are cutting edge. And the dealership difference is huge, too.

Awesome!
By FSU1JESTER on 01/06/05 00:06 AM (PST)

2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Absolutely the most fun you can have in a vehicle.

Definately Worth the Money
By BobObO360 on 12/29/04 12:27 PM (PST)

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

The 2005 Porsche 911 Carerra S is an excellent car. It corners beautifully. The Sports Chronos Plus Package really helps its acceleration and control, but suspension wise... the car is very stiff, not good for those who want luxury. If you want luxury get an SL500. Porsches are made for great performance, especially the handling.