Used 2005 Porsche 911 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Porsche 911 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 911 model:

Best of all
By JD

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I own different cars, SL500 / 750LI .., this is best of all. You really feel a sport car from inside out. Not like other, change their style completely every 4 to 8 years, this sport can says out loud "Porsche". Its acceleration is excellent. The Tiptronic transmission can be enjoyed in both auto/manual shift. My only complaints are the vehicle is too low to the ground, hard to get in or out from parking lot and the Bose stereo system is not great.. It needs more space for the backseat.

Handling and seats.

Bluetooth and satelite radio technology must be in this type of vehicle.

2005 C4S
By mark fisher

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S AWD 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

My 4th Porsche 911, and each one has gotten better and better. This one is by far the best of all: it has more speed, comfort, luxury, handling. In this modern world, it is nice to know that the 911 remains one of those special cars, and as the old ad says, "there is no substitute"...still.

The performance, styling, and uniqueness.

Are We There Yet?
By lol

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I recently changed from a Porsche 911 996 to a 997s. The 997 is more of a car in terms of value for the money. It is gorgeous to look at and a huge improvement over the 996. The Sports Chrono package is a great boy's toy. I find the sport setting too much on twisty bumpy roads, it seems to become unsettled. I will save the setting for track days or maybe I just need to drive it more and find just how good it is!

Add a heads up display as in the BMW M5.

A True Driver's Car
By Steve

2005 Porsche 911 GT3 Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

My Dad purchased a 996 GT3 a couple months ago and all I can say is WOW! We had the privelege of driving the car on the track and it is unbelievable. The car sticks like glue and the carbon ceramic brakes are extremely powerful. He just had a new exhaust installed and the engine sounds even better than it did before. If you're looking for a car that can be used as a daily driver and also take to the track on the weekends, this is your car.

The engine, brakes, handling, seats.....the list goes on and on.

Nothing, the car is perfect the way it is.

No Garage Queen Here
By Ed

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

After logging 1,000+ miles in the first 2.5 weeks of ownership, I can already tell it will be difficult to keep the annual mileage under 15,000. It is that much fun and that easy to drive. The 6-speed transmission and clutch are no problem, even in heavy traffic. I went for the "S" over the base, after realizing that I would be adding PASM, xenon lights and a sport steering wheel to the base model. So the net difference for the bigger engine and 30 extra horsepower was "only" about $6,000. I highly recommend the Sport Chrono for the enhanced throttle response. The navigation system is OK, but not as good as Acura's. My two daughters, 7 & 10, fit reasonably comfortably in the back seats. This is the ultimate "family car"!

World class power and handling. Excellent fit and finish. Refined interior and exterior design (from 996). Ease of driving - easy to shift, quiet at cruising speeds, begs to be driven! Upgraded Bose sound system best I've heard in a car - noticably better than my Acura TL.

Navigation system is OK, but could use some help from Acura. Porsche's mile long list of options can be confusing. Take your time to fully understand, before you order/buy.