2005 Porsche 911 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 911 model:
Porsche - There is no substitute
By dht on 06/10/05 21:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

While giving more than lip service to comfort, the new 911 has improved on its already awesome acceleration and handling. I have a "base" model Carrera w/ few options and it delivers handling, class, and admiring comments wherever I travel. I paid $69,000 for my C2 model and have not regretted it -- the extra 10 to 15K for the S model didn't seem worth the extra dollars. I test drove both the Carrera and the Carrera S, and there was no real discernible performance improvement for the extra bucks.

4S Cabriolet
By Randy on 05/28/05 19:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S AWD 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

After one year this car is still just as much fun to drive. The convertible top is a neat feature and this car's reliability has been excellent.

Love my Porsche
By Deborah on 05/28/05 14:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S AWD 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I love my car. It's fast, fun to drive, sticks to the road and I feel safe driving it. I love driving with the top down. The only thing I have a complaint about is the emissions. I've had to take it to service a few times to adjust the check engine light. The emissions system is very delicate on this car.

O my turbo
By Ron on 05/02/05 15:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S AWD 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The best handling car and the fastest car I have ever owned. At 175 mph it feels like 75. Very fast and stops just as well with no brake fade.

One hot drop top
By Jocko on 04/30/05 09:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle is like riding a rocket ship. I have an '89 and the obvious diference is performance, style,etc. The sport mode in the new Cab lets you feel the road and all of the great Porsche features ,speed, handling, and the interiors are really boss. Go Porsche!

Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet
By turbo s cab on 04/19/05 10:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Although I have had the car only a little more than 1 week it has been entirely great. The performance is as expected, awesome, and everything works as it should, no complaints. There is no other supercar that you can drive as easily and non- tempermentally. I chose a 6 speed, would recommend since the tip I find dull although the performance is right up there for most drivers. The car can be bought without the high priced options without fear of adversely affecting the car or your enjoyment. Mine came with optional paint and the large aluminum package, neither are needed and cost over $5,000. I think I will enjoy the cab along with my 993 turbo.

Magic
By H on 04/16/05 12:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I'd test driven other cars and was getting frustrated with their compromises. My ten year old BMW M3 was still looking very competitive! And then I drove the 911 and it had the same magic, the same quantum jump over the others that impressed me ten years ago with the M3. I had to have one.

Like No Other
By Robert on 04/16/05 00:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

When it comes to sports cars none can match the 911. Throughout the years I have owned many vehicles, even a Ferrari. When it comes right down to it, though, none are nearly as satisfying as the Carrera. With its timeless exterior and genuinely luxurious interior it cannot be matched in any category.

Amazing!
By Steven on 04/06/05 08:26 AM (PDT)

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This car is simply amazing. It is the best sports car under $100,000, bar none. It is fast, holds the road better than most, and the steering is telepathic.This is my first Porsche, and now I understand all the hype.

What a car
By HENO on 03/16/05 15:25 PM (PST)

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This one is the best ever Carrera.