2005 Porsche 911 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 911 model:
Porsche - There is no substitute
By dht on 06/10/05 21:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

While giving more than lip service to comfort, the new 911 has improved on its already awesome acceleration and handling. I have a "base" model Carrera w/ few options and it delivers handling, class, and admiring comments wherever I travel. I paid $69,000 for my C2 model and have not regretted it -- the extra 10 to 15K for the S model didn't seem worth the extra dollars. I test drove both the Carrera and the Carrera S, and there was no real discernible performance improvement for the extra bucks.

4S Cabriolet
By Randy on 05/28/05 19:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 4S AWD 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

After one year this car is still just as much fun to drive. The convertible top is a neat feature and this car's reliability has been excellent.

Love my Porsche
By Deborah on 05/28/05 14:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 4S AWD 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I love my car. It's fast, fun to drive, sticks to the road and I feel safe driving it. I love driving with the top down. The only thing I have a complaint about is the emissions. I've had to take it to service a few times to adjust the check engine light. The emissions system is very delicate on this car.

One hot drop top
By Jocko on 04/30/05 09:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera S Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle is like riding a rocket ship. I have an '89 and the obvious diference is performance, style,etc. The sport mode in the new Cab lets you feel the road and all of the great Porsche features ,speed, handling, and the interiors are really boss. Go Porsche!

Like No Other
By Robert on 04/16/05 00:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera S Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

When it comes to sports cars none can match the 911. Throughout the years I have owned many vehicles, even a Ferrari. When it comes right down to it, though, none are nearly as satisfying as the Carrera. With its timeless exterior and genuinely luxurious interior it cannot be matched in any category.

Amazing!
By Steven on 04/06/05 08:26 AM (PDT)

2005 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera S Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This car is simply amazing. It is the best sports car under $100,000, bar none. It is fast, holds the road better than most, and the steering is telepathic.This is my first Porsche, and now I understand all the hype.

What a car
By HENO on 03/16/05 15:25 PM (PST)

2005 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This one is the best ever Carrera.

model 997 Coupe
By RSLAPPIN on 03/10/05 12:51 PM (PST)

2005 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

It's very new but a lot of fun. Been promising me this car for a while. Love it.

Goodbye SL500 Hello 911
By 05Black911 on 03/05/05 10:48 AM (PST)

2005 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

After a series of problems with my new '03 SL500, I decided to roll the dice and replace it with an '05 911 Carrera. Wow, what a difference! The Porsche is a weekend car, and I love the way it handles through the southern California canyons on the weekends compared to the much heavier SL roadster. The six speed shifter is well designed and easy to use (although I have to wait another thousand miles or so on the odometer to really push it to the redline). I'm also impressed with the fit and finish of the car -- so far not one mechanical defect. I've owned several MBs and BMWs (my daily driver is an X5 SUV), and so far I don't feel the Porsche will be as problematic as past experiences.

Porsche-there is no substitute
By Tim Hagen on 03/03/05 16:36 PM (PST)

2005 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Porsche is the best built car in the world. The braking, handling, and over all performane is second to none. Overall quality and attention to details create a vehile that only a true enthusiast would appreciate, and understand what a real "driving machine" is all about. Porsche has won more races that any mark, and their road cars are prove that evolution, is superior to" revolution"