Used 2005 Porsche 911 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Porsche 911 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 911 model:

Owner
By 2 door coupe

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Replaced transmission at 19000 miles and again at 46500 miles the total cost for the repair was $13500. Porsche refused to collaborate.

Favorite Features

Great engine poor transmission gears.

Suggested Improvements

Need a better transmission system and a little more collaboration from Porsche to stand behind their vehicles when needed.

Outstanding
By Ben W.

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is absolutely the finest and most enjoyable automobile I have ever experienced. I have not been in the Ferrari or Lamborghini, but there is no dealership in my area. A 30 year track record of building fine sports cars is abundantly apparent in the design and manufacture of this wonderful automobile.

Favorite Features

The tiptronic transmission is quicker and more adept on the track than a manual. The sports adjustable seats fit like a glove. I have ceramic brakes which stop the car on demand without fade and will never wear out in the life of this track ready car.

Suggested Improvements

Only up to the new 2008 GT2 for 415 hp. or the 2007 turbo cabriolet!

Owner
By larry bonine

2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The second Porsche I have owned and this one even exceeds all expectations. The turbo feature makes it an absolute thrill to drive (both the sound and rocket like take off.) I have put us through a PCA Drivers Education day for total bonding between the boy and his car. Additionally, we liked Porsche so much, we also got the Cayenne Turbo S and could not be more pleased with our decision. That it is number one in quality three years running surprises us not at all.

Favorite Features

Rocket like assist during take off, the ease of the top going up and down. The feeling driving a race car that is comfortable on city streets.

Suggested Improvements

GPS system - Be great if the voice had a German accent.

Living the Dream
By VERLAECKT

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

After dreaming about owning a 911 for almost 30 years I bought my first one ten years ago. The 997S cab is my fourth and it's simply amazing how Porsche manages to make an almost perfect car every time better and better with each generation. The minute you start the engine, the party begins. It's a great way to escape the stress of every day work! From turn to turn, from one traffic light to another it's pure wellness for all your senses: the ears, the feel in your body...you become one with this car. You can really experience the work of the sound and vibration engineers! Fabulous!

Favorite Features

The engine sound, handling, acceleration, and brakes

Suggested Improvements

Maybe an update of the interior looks, and especially a shorter list of options.

Porsche 997 is Hands Down Better than 996
By Niten Luthra

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought this car trading my '05 Boxster in. Wow! This car is...unbelievable in every way. It's fast, fun and damn good looking. My brother says it well - engineering excellence. I am so happy and privileged to be an owner and to be able to drive a vehcile that so many people dream of driving and owning. I bought an Artic silver one with 19" Carrera wheels, bi xenons, sport seats and so forth. There is no substitute!

Favorite Features

The performance, looks, handling, drive, everything!

Suggested Improvements

The seats vibrate at idle, They need to fix this.