2005 Porsche 911 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 911 model:
Best of all
By JD on 04/01/06 06:35 AM (PST)

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I own different cars, SL500 / 750LI .., this is best of all. You really feel a sport car from inside out. Not like other, change their style completely every 4 to 8 years, this sport can says out loud "Porsche". Its acceleration is excellent. The Tiptronic transmission can be enjoyed in both auto/manual shift. My only complaints are the vehicle is too low to the ground, hard to get in or out from parking lot and the Bose stereo system is not great.. It needs more space for the backseat.

2005 C4S
By mark fisher on 02/08/06 13:24 PM (PST)

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S AWD 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

My 4th Porsche 911, and each one has gotten better and better. This one is by far the best of all: it has more speed, comfort, luxury, handling. In this modern world, it is nice to know that the 911 remains one of those special cars, and as the old ad says, "there is no substitute"...still.

Are We There Yet?
By lol on 12/30/05 07:46 AM (PST)

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I recently changed from a Porsche 911 996 to a 997s. The 997 is more of a car in terms of value for the money. It is gorgeous to look at and a huge improvement over the 996. The Sports Chrono package is a great boy's toy. I find the sport setting too much on twisty bumpy roads, it seems to become unsettled. I will save the setting for track days or maybe I just need to drive it more and find just how good it is!

A True Driver's Car
By Steve on 10/27/05 17:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Porsche 911 GT3 Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

My Dad purchased a 996 GT3 a couple months ago and all I can say is WOW! We had the privelege of driving the car on the track and it is unbelievable. The car sticks like glue and the carbon ceramic brakes are extremely powerful. He just had a new exhaust installed and the engine sounds even better than it did before. If you're looking for a car that can be used as a daily driver and also take to the track on the weekends, this is your car.

No Garage Queen Here
By Ed on 10/02/05 07:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

After logging 1,000+ miles in the first 2.5 weeks of ownership, I can already tell it will be difficult to keep the annual mileage under 15,000. It is that much fun and that easy to drive. The 6-speed transmission and clutch are no problem, even in heavy traffic. I went for the "S" over the base, after realizing that I would be adding PASM, xenon lights and a sport steering wheel to the base model. So the net difference for the bigger engine and 30 extra horsepower was "only" about $6,000. I highly recommend the Sport Chrono for the enhanced throttle response. The navigation system is OK, but not as good as Acura's. My two daughters, 7 & 10, fit reasonably comfortably in the back seats. This is the ultimate "family car"!

Street Legal Race Car
By Silver GT3 on 09/06/05 16:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Porsche 911 GT3 Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Just one thing comes to mind everytime I drive my GT3. Incredible. To be able to drive a Cup car on the streets is a real treat. The sound of the engine is mesmerizing. I find myself shifting at high RPM each time just to hear it. The acceleration, brakes and handling are out of this world. I had a 2003 996 Carrera before this and it is night and day difference. This car is very rough and loud, but that is what I like about it. It is the essence of a Porsche and pure driving pleasure. My only regret is that I didn't get one sooner. Everyone I've taken out on a ride is spellbound. My wife makes me take her out at least twice per week. Get one and enjoy it.

I love this car
By hfloeffler on 07/29/05 13:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This car is a pleasure to drive. It performs effortlessly on city streets and outrageously well on the highway. On winding country hillside roads the performance is astounding. The active suspension system (PASM) kicks in and pulls the car level in the hardest turns. You finish a turn with the feeling that there were no "G" forces at all. The interior is terrific.

If you like raw speed and handling
By Bruce on 07/27/05 17:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Porsche 911 GT3 Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is the essence of sports car driving. A little rough as a daily driver but if you like track events you shouldn't buy anything else. A true race bred street legal piece of machinery. You'll have tons of fun answering silly questios from the kids in the tricked out Civics! If you can afford it....buy it!

Finest Automobile made
By royalpar1 on 07/10/05 07:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is the finest auto made, hand made, and the fun factor is thru the roof. Where can you get a street legal race car which is affordable to drive?

997 Carrerra
By Sergio on 06/11/05 03:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is a beautiful, sporty, and amazing machine! Unlike the older model, (996) this 2005 has all the retro Porsche styling along with the smoothest, quickest, and most firm 6 speed I've ever experienced! Top speed, don't even ask....