Used 2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S

View reviews for a specific 911 model:

Will never part...
By uwe2

2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S Turbo S AWD 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I'm the second owner, for > 3 years now. I like the performance, the look, and the compliments I still get from people today (the vehicle will turn 6 years this summer). No way to describe riding this piece of German engineering, you have to experience it for yourself. The only complaint I have is that the clutch doesn't seem to last very long - I had to replace it at ~21k miles, and I'm not driving with a heavy foot.

Favorite Features

Power, look, makes me the member of an exclusive club

Suggested Improvements

MP3 player would have been nice, CD changer doesn't play music CD's I have burnt. A more durable clutch!

Owner
By larry bonine

2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S Turbo S AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The second Porsche I have owned and this one even exceeds all expectations. The turbo feature makes it an absolute thrill to drive (both the sound and rocket like take off.) I have put us through a PCA Drivers Education day for total bonding between the boy and his car. Additionally, we liked Porsche so much, we also got the Cayenne Turbo S and could not be more pleased with our decision. That it is number one in quality three years running surprises us not at all.

Favorite Features

Rocket like assist during take off, the ease of the top going up and down. The feeling driving a race car that is comfortable on city streets.

Suggested Improvements

GPS system - Be great if the voice had a German accent.

O my turbo
By Ron

2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S Turbo S AWD 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The best handling car and the fastest car I have ever owned. At 175 mph it feels like 75. Very fast and stops just as well with no brake fade.

Favorite Features

Speed and handling

Suggested Improvements

none

Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet
By turbo s cab

2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S Turbo S AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Although I have had the car only a little more than 1 week it has been entirely great. The performance is as expected, awesome, and everything works as it should, no complaints. There is no other supercar that you can drive as easily and non- tempermentally. I chose a 6 speed, would recommend since the tip I find dull although the performance is right up there for most drivers. The car can be bought without the high priced options without fear of adversely affecting the car or your enjoyment. Mine came with optional paint and the large aluminum package, neither are needed and cost over $5,000. I think I will enjoy the cab along with my 993 turbo.

Favorite Features

Front trunk now operates with remote a big improvement over the 993 and the ceramic brakes do not appear to get the wheels as dirty as "regular" brakes.

Suggested Improvements

Would like a factory phone integrated into the car, a larger luggage compartment in front and the remote control chirping when arming so that you can be sure the car is locked (also more range to operate, need to be too close to the car)

European delivery
By Randy

2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S Turbo S AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

We picked car up at the Stuttgart Germany factory after a test drive on Porsche's Weissach test track and a factory tour. Fascinating! What an amazing production facility. The turbo was as easy to drive in city traffic with its 6 speed manual as it was to do 150+ on the autobahn. The car clung to the narrow Swiss mountain curves like it was a valley strait away. Its awesome power threw us back in our seats. 50 to 100 was like 25 to 60 in our old C4. The removable hard top made the ride quiet and smooth like an excellent luxury car. At 6' tall, leg room let me stretch out. The navigation system was supurb & got us to our Paris hotel with no wrong turn. Gas was 14 to 22 MPG.

Favorite Features

Handling on curves, seat warmers and GPS navigation system.

Suggested Improvements

Make the styling more unique so people don't ask what it is. From the rear it looks a little like a Mitsubishi or a Toyota Celica, but from the front it is all Porsche.