Used 2005 Porsche 911 GT3 Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Porsche 911 GT3 - Consumer Reviews

2005 Porsche 911 GT3

GT3 3.6L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (3 reviews )

A True Driver's Car
By Steve

2005 Porsche 911 GT3 GT3 Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

My Dad purchased a 996 GT3 a couple months ago and all I can say is WOW! We had the privelege of driving the car on the track and it is unbelievable. The car sticks like glue and the carbon ceramic brakes are extremely powerful. He just had a new exhaust installed and the engine sounds even better than it did before. If you're looking for a car that can be used as a daily driver and also take to the track on the weekends, this is your car.

The engine, brakes, handling, seats.....the list goes on and on.

Nothing, the car is perfect the way it is.

Street Legal Race Car
By Silver GT3

2005 Porsche 911 GT3 GT3 Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Just one thing comes to mind everytime I drive my GT3. Incredible. To be able to drive a Cup car on the streets is a real treat. The sound of the engine is mesmerizing. I find myself shifting at high RPM each time just to hear it. The acceleration, brakes and handling are out of this world. I had a 2003 996 Carrera before this and it is night and day difference. This car is very rough and loud, but that is what I like about it. It is the essence of a Porsche and pure driving pleasure. My only regret is that I didn't get one sooner. Everyone I've taken out on a ride is spellbound. My wife makes me take her out at least twice per week. Get one and enjoy it.

Engine, brakes and handling. Ride height a little low for street use, but this can be adjusted.

None. Make all Porsches like this. This should be the base model!

If you like raw speed and handling
By Bruce

2005 Porsche 911 GT3 GT3 Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is the essence of sports car driving. A little rough as a daily driver but if you like track events you shouldn't buy anything else. A true race bred street legal piece of machinery. You'll have tons of fun answering silly questios from the kids in the tricked out Civics! If you can afford it....buy it!

Handling, power, and the best brakes in the world!

None