2005 Porsche 911 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 911 model:
Finally got one
By d1coach on 09/29/12 04:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

After forty years of wanting one badly, I bought my Porsche 911. Low mileage well cared for Tiptronic Coupe. So much fun to drive, fast without a lot of noise or fuss. Plenty of cabin and head room even at 6'3.

The most satisfying car to own
By art_from_fl on 12/07/10 06:28 AM (PST)

2005 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a used 2005 (997) 911 Carrera Coupe with Tiptronic 7 month ago. This is my first Porsche, and can't deny I expected to be a nice experience; this car has given me a lot of satisfaction and went beyond my high expectations. The handling at any speed is amazing.

Best sports car to own
By Art from Miami on 06/01/10 14:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 1st Porsche. I am very pleased with the car. I love the looks, performance, quality and specially just driving it. So far I have no complaints or regrets about this car. This is the best car I have ever had so far.

Daily Driver or Dream Car?
By MountainManiac on 01/23/10 14:01 PM (PST)

2005 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera S Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned my '05 Carrera S for almost 3 years, and I continue to love it. Full supple leather is a great option that makes the car smell like a Coach store ever time you open the door. The light front end and immediate steering is the 911's best trait - - along with the phenomenal power. Don't be misled by factory number or magazine writeups...the S model will consistently do 0-60 in 4.1 seconds. The low-end torque is unbelievable, although at 6000 rpm the car is running out of steam and wants to be shifted. The acceleration and braking are dizzying -- it's unlike any other car that can be used as a daily driver. Plus, you can fit 2 kids in the backseat and get 27 hwy. Amazing.

Porsche 997 is Hands Down Better than 996
By Niten Luthra on 07/25/06 19:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought this car trading my '05 Boxster in. Wow! This car is...unbelievable in every way. It's fast, fun and damn good looking. My brother says it well - engineering excellence. I am so happy and privileged to be an owner and to be able to drive a vehcile that so many people dream of driving and owning. I bought an Artic silver one with 19" Carrera wheels, bi xenons, sport seats and so forth. There is no substitute!

Best of all
By JD on 04/01/06 06:35 AM (PST)

2005 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera S Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I own different cars, SL500 / 750LI .., this is best of all. You really feel a sport car from inside out. Not like other, change their style completely every 4 to 8 years, this sport can says out loud "Porsche". Its acceleration is excellent. The Tiptronic transmission can be enjoyed in both auto/manual shift. My only complaints are the vehicle is too low to the ground, hard to get in or out from parking lot and the Bose stereo system is not great.. It needs more space for the backseat.

2005 C4S
By mark fisher on 02/08/06 13:24 PM (PST)

2005 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 4S AWD 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

My 4th Porsche 911, and each one has gotten better and better. This one is by far the best of all: it has more speed, comfort, luxury, handling. In this modern world, it is nice to know that the 911 remains one of those special cars, and as the old ad says, "there is no substitute"...still.

Are We There Yet?
By lol on 12/30/05 07:46 AM (PST)

2005 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera S Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I recently changed from a Porsche 911 996 to a 997s. The 997 is more of a car in terms of value for the money. It is gorgeous to look at and a huge improvement over the 996. The Sports Chrono package is a great boy's toy. I find the sport setting too much on twisty bumpy roads, it seems to become unsettled. I will save the setting for track days or maybe I just need to drive it more and find just how good it is!

I love this car
By hfloeffler on 07/29/05 13:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera S Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This car is a pleasure to drive. It performs effortlessly on city streets and outrageously well on the highway. On winding country hillside roads the performance is astounding. The active suspension system (PASM) kicks in and pulls the car level in the hardest turns. You finish a turn with the feeling that there were no "G" forces at all. The interior is terrific.

997 Carrerra
By Sergio on 06/11/05 03:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera S Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is a beautiful, sporty, and amazing machine! Unlike the older model, (996) this 2005 has all the retro Porsche styling along with the smoothest, quickest, and most firm 6 speed I've ever experienced! Top speed, don't even ask....