Used 2005 Porsche 911 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 911 model:

Finally got one
By d1coach

2005 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

After forty years of wanting one badly, I bought my Porsche 911. Low mileage well cared for Tiptronic Coupe. So much fun to drive, fast without a lot of noise or fuss. Plenty of cabin and head room even at 6'3.

Favorite Features

Patented engine sound

Suggested Improvements

nothing

The most satisfying car to own
By art_from_fl

2005 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a used 2005 (997) 911 Carrera Coupe with Tiptronic 7 month ago. This is my first Porsche, and can't deny I expected to be a nice experience; this car has given me a lot of satisfaction and went beyond my high expectations. The handling at any speed is amazing.

Favorite Features

Almost everything but my super favorite ones are the car handling, the very decent fuel economy (it was a surprise to me, average 20.5 mpg), the performance (pickup and braking are outstanding), the optional rear parking assistance (very useful when backing up), the optional 19 Porsche Sport tires, the optional full leather package and the seats comfort.

Suggested Improvements

The key with remote control is very basic; come on Porsche, put some engineering on that key as well (make it flip so it is not too bulky and long and add some other features that most of the other new cars have now a days).

Best sports car to own
By Art from Miami

2005 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 1st Porsche. I am very pleased with the car. I love the looks, performance, quality and specially just driving it. So far I have no complaints or regrets about this car. This is the best car I have ever had so far.

Favorite Features

- How it Drives. - The Carrera White Color with Sand Beige full leather interior and 19" wheels.

Suggested Improvements

Some how, you have to figure out to make it hard top convertible. Moon-roof (instead of a sun-roof). The other few improvement I saw them are already in the 2010 model.

Daily Driver or Dream Car?
By MountainManiac

2005 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera S Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned my '05 Carrera S for almost 3 years, and I continue to love it. Full supple leather is a great option that makes the car smell like a Coach store ever time you open the door. The light front end and immediate steering is the 911's best trait - - along with the phenomenal power. Don't be misled by factory number or magazine writeups...the S model will consistently do 0-60 in 4.1 seconds. The low-end torque is unbelievable, although at 6000 rpm the car is running out of steam and wants to be shifted. The acceleration and braking are dizzying -- it's unlike any other car that can be used as a daily driver. Plus, you can fit 2 kids in the backseat and get 27 hwy. Amazing.

Favorite Features

Steering, power, brakes, exterior design. The way it turns heads everywhere, despite being relatively "common." Interior is quite comfortable for such a high performance car. Atlas Gray paint color is unique and eye-catching. Full supple leather is a must-have that makes the car feel special.

Suggested Improvements

More insulation to quiet the road noise a bit, especially at the back end where the huge tires "thump" over expansion joints. Navigation is cumbersome to use. No bluetooth or Sat radio, but hey, it was built in 2005!

Porsche 997 is Hands Down Better than 996
By Niten Luthra

2005 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought this car trading my '05 Boxster in. Wow! This car is...unbelievable in every way. It's fast, fun and damn good looking. My brother says it well - engineering excellence. I am so happy and privileged to be an owner and to be able to drive a vehcile that so many people dream of driving and owning. I bought an Artic silver one with 19" Carrera wheels, bi xenons, sport seats and so forth. There is no substitute!

Favorite Features

The performance, looks, handling, drive, everything!

Suggested Improvements

The seats vibrate at idle, They need to fix this.