2005 Porsche 911 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 911 model:
Finally got one
By d1coach on 09/29/12 04:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

After forty years of wanting one badly, I bought my Porsche 911. Low mileage well cared for Tiptronic Coupe. So much fun to drive, fast without a lot of noise or fuss. Plenty of cabin and head room even at 6'3.

Will never part...
By uwe2 on 02/01/11 12:59 PM (PST)

2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S AWD 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I'm the second owner, for > 3 years now. I like the performance, the look, and the compliments I still get from people today (the vehicle will turn 6 years this summer). No way to describe riding this piece of German engineering, you have to experience it for yourself. The only complaint I have is that the clutch doesn't seem to last very long - I had to replace it at ~21k miles, and I'm not driving with a heavy foot.

The most satisfying car to own
By art_from_fl on 12/07/10 06:28 AM (PST)

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a used 2005 (997) 911 Carrera Coupe with Tiptronic 7 month ago. This is my first Porsche, and can't deny I expected to be a nice experience; this car has given me a lot of satisfaction and went beyond my high expectations. The handling at any speed is amazing.

Best sports car to own
By Art from Miami on 06/01/10 14:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 1st Porsche. I am very pleased with the car. I love the looks, performance, quality and specially just driving it. So far I have no complaints or regrets about this car. This is the best car I have ever had so far.

Daily Driver or Dream Car?
By MountainManiac on 01/23/10 14:01 PM (PST)

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned my '05 Carrera S for almost 3 years, and I continue to love it. Full supple leather is a great option that makes the car smell like a Coach store ever time you open the door. The light front end and immediate steering is the 911's best trait - - along with the phenomenal power. Don't be misled by factory number or magazine writeups...the S model will consistently do 0-60 in 4.1 seconds. The low-end torque is unbelievable, although at 6000 rpm the car is running out of steam and wants to be shifted. The acceleration and braking are dizzying -- it's unlike any other car that can be used as a daily driver. Plus, you can fit 2 kids in the backseat and get 27 hwy. Amazing.

Owner
By 2 door coupe on 04/03/09 20:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Replaced transmission at 19000 miles and again at 46500 miles the total cost for the repair was $13500. Porsche refused to collaborate.

Outstanding
By Ben W. on 07/31/08 13:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is absolutely the finest and most enjoyable automobile I have ever experienced. I have not been in the Ferrari or Lamborghini, but there is no dealership in my area. A 30 year track record of building fine sports cars is abundantly apparent in the design and manufacture of this wonderful automobile.

Owner
By larry bonine on 06/09/08 11:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The second Porsche I have owned and this one even exceeds all expectations. The turbo feature makes it an absolute thrill to drive (both the sound and rocket like take off.) I have put us through a PCA Drivers Education day for total bonding between the boy and his car. Additionally, we liked Porsche so much, we also got the Cayenne Turbo S and could not be more pleased with our decision. That it is number one in quality three years running surprises us not at all.

Living the Dream
By VERLAECKT on 09/01/06 11:36 AM (PDT)

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

After dreaming about owning a 911 for almost 30 years I bought my first one ten years ago. The 997S cab is my fourth and it's simply amazing how Porsche manages to make an almost perfect car every time better and better with each generation. The minute you start the engine, the party begins. It's a great way to escape the stress of every day work! From turn to turn, from one traffic light to another it's pure wellness for all your senses: the ears, the feel in your body...you become one with this car. You can really experience the work of the sound and vibration engineers! Fabulous!

Porsche 997 is Hands Down Better than 996
By Niten Luthra on 07/25/06 19:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought this car trading my '05 Boxster in. Wow! This car is...unbelievable in every way. It's fast, fun and damn good looking. My brother says it well - engineering excellence. I am so happy and privileged to be an owner and to be able to drive a vehcile that so many people dream of driving and owning. I bought an Artic silver one with 19" Carrera wheels, bi xenons, sport seats and so forth. There is no substitute!

1 2 3 4 5 next »