Used 2005 Porsche 911 Consumer Reviews - 41 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 911 model:

Finally got one
By d1coach

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

After forty years of wanting one badly, I bought my Porsche 911.
Low mileage well cared for Tiptronic Coupe.
So much fun to drive, fast without a lot of noise or fuss.
Plenty of cabin and head room even at 6'3.

Patented engine sound

nothing

Will never part...
By uwe2

2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S AWD 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I'm the second owner, for > 3 years now. I like the performance, the look, and the compliments I still get from people today (the vehicle will turn 6 years this summer). No way to describe riding this piece of German engineering, you have to experience it for yourself.
The only complaint I have is that the clutch doesn't seem to last very long - I had to replace it at ~21k miles, and I'm not driving with a heavy foot.

Power, look, makes me the member of an exclusive club

MP3 player would have been nice, CD changer doesn't play music CD's I have burnt. A more durable clutch!

The most satisfying car to own
By art_from_fl

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a used 2005 (997) 911 Carrera Coupe with Tiptronic 7 month ago.
This is my first Porsche, and can't deny I expected to be a nice experience; this car has given me a lot of satisfaction and went beyond my high expectations.
The handling at any speed is amazing.

Almost everything but my super favorite ones are the car handling, the very decent fuel economy (it was a surprise to me, average 20.5 mpg), the performance (pickup and braking are outstanding), the optional rear parking assistance (very useful when backing up), the optional 19” Porsche Sport tires, the optional full leather package and the seats comfort.

The key with remote control is very basic; come on Porsche, put some engineering on that key as well (make it flip so it is not too bulky and long and add some other features that most of the other new cars have now a days).

Best sports car to own
By Art from Miami

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 1st Porsche. I am very pleased with the car. I love the looks, performance, quality and specially just driving it. So far I have no complaints or regrets about this car. This is the best car I have ever had so far.

- How it Drives. - The Carrera White Color with Sand Beige full leather interior and 19" wheels.

Some how, you have to figure out to make it hard top convertible. Moon-roof (instead of a sun-roof). The other few improvement I saw them are already in the 2010 model.

Daily Driver or Dream Car?
By MountainManiac

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned my '05 Carrera S for almost 3 years, and I continue to love it. Full supple leather is a great option that makes the car smell like a Coach store ever time you open the door. The light front end and immediate steering is the 911's best trait - - along with the phenomenal power. Don't be misled by factory number or magazine writeups...the S model will consistently do 0-60 in 4.1 seconds. The low-end torque is unbelievable, although at 6000 rpm the car is running out of steam and wants to be shifted. The acceleration and braking are dizzying -- it's unlike any other car that can be used as a daily driver. Plus, you can fit 2 kids in the backseat and get 27 hwy. Amazing.

Steering, power, brakes, exterior design. The way it turns heads everywhere, despite being relatively "common." Interior is quite comfortable for such a high performance car. Atlas Gray paint color is unique and eye-catching. Full supple leather is a must-have that makes the car feel special.

More insulation to quiet the road noise a bit, especially at the back end where the huge tires "thump" over expansion joints. Navigation is cumbersome to use. No bluetooth or Sat radio, but hey, it was built in 2005!