Used 2004 Porsche 911 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Porsche 911 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 911 model:

40th Anniversary
By solarwinds

2004 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Love this 40th Anniversary 911... It is a blast to drive and been reliable driving all over east coast... Rides great for a true sports muscle car. Ice cold A/C I did change the Navigation Head unit. The car is beautiful a head turner acceleration is instant in any gear the clutch is crisp...

Favorite Features

Engine, Breaks, Handling, looks, A/C, Seats...

Suggested Improvements

For its time it is what it is... Its a sports car on rails...

Forever Porsche
By Porschelady2

2004 Porsche 911 Carrera 40th Anniversary Edition Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this Porsche second hand after test driving every model from the 993TT, GT2, GT3, Targa 996, and Carerra 997 with everything else in between. Even went to the Porsche Driving School for two days to try out the newer 997's and for the money, this Porsche Rocks!!! She is fulled loaded with everything Porsche could throw into a car plus additional HP with X51 Power Boost. She is a joy to drive with incredible handling, acceleration, and a smooth ride. Beautiful color outside and top quality all leather inside. Downsides, the usual complaints....bad cup holders and the 996 narrow body. Otherwise I have no regrets ever with this purchase!! Test drive one if you can find one!!

Favorite Features

Incredible value for the money considering it cost over $100K new. Easy to handle and drive on the road or on the track. A real show stopper that everyone including Porsche owners asking about this unique model and features.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder not over the electrical panel but in the arm rest for more stability and support. Get rid of the rear window wiper!!

First Porsche
By Colleen

2004 Porsche 911 Carrera 40th Anniversary Edition Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

During this past year I test drove and researched every Porsche made from 1996-2007. I chose the 2004 Anniversary. I loved its price, acceleration, styling, engine sound, aggressive exterior, and interior creature comforts. It has the most bang for the buck without all the added expenses of a turbo which will be my next Porsche, a 993TT. Maintenance has been marginal and fuel economy exceptional for a sports car. Heads turn wherever I go, including from other Porsche drivers trying to fiqure out what type of Porsche I'm driving. It's a novelity Porsche that packs plenty of horsepower. "She's a lady when she has to be and a whole lot more when she needs to be."

Favorite Features

Everything. I especially love the motor sound. You can hear her coming blocks away and she has the horsepower to back it up. The 40th Anniversary is a unique Porsche, especially for someone wanting all the bells/whistles without spending tons of money for a new 997 C2S. Try it if you can find one.

Suggested Improvements

Optional C4S lights would enhance the rear as would a GT3/GT2 spoiler. Cup holders need to be in center console not over all the electrical equipment. More horsepower.

Rare and True Performance
By Mr.Michael

2004 Porsche 911 GT3 Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

The GT3 is a 100% performance vehicle. Its very low production has made the price of these cars stable. You do get what you pay for, however. The car keeps you very alert. Correct driver input is required. This is a real drivers car. It has no electronic traction control or stability management aids, no sunroof, no rear seats. Just a raw 911 driving experience.

Favorite Features

The 381 HP, performance, multi-way adjustable suspension, ceramic brake upgrade, high top speed, and great fit and finish.

Suggested Improvements

None.

996 Turbo Cab
By trobarts

2004 Porsche 911 Turbo AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had the my car for two years. The only warranty problem was a CD player issue. Initially, it burned oil, but this lessened with time. I have tracked the car and it is excellent, though you feel the weight. It is easy to drive every day and the convertible mechanism is great (you can use it up to 31 mph). Its four wheel drive has saved me on the track. My only complaint is the squeaking from the hard-top, which I have not been able to fix for more than a few days. This is my favorite of the three 911s that I have owned over the last few years.

Favorite Features

This car's power band is awesome. Its brakes and steering feel are good as I have read in every slick-backed magazine.

Suggested Improvements

The squeak with the hard top.