2004 Porsche 911 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 911 model:
40th Anniversary
By solarwinds on 04/06/14 11:45 AM (PDT)

2004 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Love this 40th Anniversary 911... It is a blast to drive and been reliable driving all over east coast... Rides great for a true sports muscle car. Ice cold A/C I did change the Navigation Head unit. The car is beautiful a head turner acceleration is instant in any gear the clutch is crisp...

Forever Porsche
By Porschelady2 on 05/29/09 21:51 PM (PDT)

2004 Porsche 911 Carrera 40th Anniversary Edition Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this Porsche second hand after test driving every model from the 993TT, GT2, GT3, Targa 996, and Carerra 997 with everything else in between. Even went to the Porsche Driving School for two days to try out the newer 997's and for the money, this Porsche Rocks!!! She is fulled loaded with everything Porsche could throw into a car plus additional HP with X51 Power Boost. She is a joy to drive with incredible handling, acceleration, and a smooth ride. Beautiful color outside and top quality all leather inside. Downsides, the usual complaints....bad cup holders and the 996 narrow body. Otherwise I have no regrets ever with this purchase!! Test drive one if you can find one!!

First Porsche
By Colleen on 08/25/07 21:49 PM (PDT)

2004 Porsche 911 Carrera 40th Anniversary Edition Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

During this past year I test drove and researched every Porsche made from 1996-2007. I chose the 2004 Anniversary. I loved its price, acceleration, styling, engine sound, aggressive exterior, and interior creature comforts. It has the most bang for the buck without all the added expenses of a turbo which will be my next Porsche, a 993TT. Maintenance has been marginal and fuel economy exceptional for a sports car. Heads turn wherever I go, including from other Porsche drivers trying to fiqure out what type of Porsche I'm driving. It's a novelity Porsche that packs plenty of horsepower. "She's a lady when she has to be and a whole lot more when she needs to be."

Rare and True Performance
By Mr.Michael on 02/21/07 08:11 AM (PST)

2004 Porsche 911 GT3 Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

The GT3 is a 100% performance vehicle. Its very low production has made the price of these cars stable. You do get what you pay for, however. The car keeps you very alert. Correct driver input is required. This is a real drivers car. It has no electronic traction control or stability management aids, no sunroof, no rear seats. Just a raw 911 driving experience.

996 Turbo Cab
By trobarts on 07/09/06 18:27 PM (PDT)

2004 Porsche 911 Turbo AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had the my car for two years. The only warranty problem was a CD player issue. Initially, it burned oil, but this lessened with time. I have tracked the car and it is excellent, though you feel the weight. It is easy to drive every day and the convertible mechanism is great (you can use it up to 31 mph). Its four wheel drive has saved me on the track. My only complaint is the squeaking from the hard-top, which I have not been able to fix for more than a few days. This is my favorite of the three 911s that I have owned over the last few years.

911 is King
By forgeahead on 09/30/05 00:43 AM (PDT)

2004 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S AWD 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This car is everything I dreamed it would be, and more! It drives like a dream and when it's on open road it just wants to go. Interior is designed beautifully. The wide body and fat rear rubber of the S are the icing on the cake. The new age 911s are a perfect blend of the 911s of the past and the grand touring vehicle the 928 was intended to be. This car is world class!

Perfect Car
By larscars on 09/29/05 22:58 PM (PDT)

2004 Porsche 911 Carrera 40th Anniversary Edition Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

The 40th Anniversary Porsche 911 Carrera is perfect. It differentiates itself from all other Carreras with 911 badges, Porsche GT paint, horsepower, interior, stereo, and polished wheels. I was just at a Porsche car show with 200+ Porsches and mine was the only 40th anniversary. I had to fight people off with questions and comments about how beautiful the car was. What a great exhaust sound. The matching Porsche leather luggage is frosting on the cake. This car is coooool!

911 TURBO
By jerry on 06/19/05 13:17 PM (PDT)

2004 Porsche 911 GT2 Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have wanted a 911 turbo since I was 11 years old and now that I just got one at age 34, my review may be a bit biased. This remarkable car is everything that I expected it to be. I have babied this car at times only to save up for the times that I come across other Porsches, Ferrari's, Lambo's, or motorcycles. There are times when you want to drive the car like it designed to be driven. Once, while getting into the car and planning to go to the office, I realized that 8 hours had gone by and two tanks of gas later, and the office was closing for the day. I drove up and down the beach over 3 counties and took it up to 168 mph on the highway. Get one. Period.

Sensational
By rob on 03/27/05 19:40 PM (PST)

2004 Porsche 911 Carrera 40th Anniversary Edition Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned a number of 911s (993, 996, 996-C4S) and a Maserati Coupe '04. The 911 40th Anniversary Edition is hands-down the best. It is almost a GT3 with the back seats in so the kids can enjoy the ride. Beautiful details, sensational acceleration and handling with extra horses and sport suspension. In my opinion the absolute best normally aspiarted 911 (I have no experience with the 997) available for the money.

Scream machine
By Porsche fan on 03/03/05 23:51 PM (PST)

2004 Porsche 911 Carrera 40th Anniversary Edition Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have driven a 1989 Carrera cabriolet for years and loved the air cooled engine, style, and performance. I kept test driving Porsches.... 964s, 993s, and 996's. This was the car that sold me. However, Idid not want to sell the older car. Now, I have two.