2003 Porsche 911 Consumer Review: 996's are the value of the cen

2003 Porsche 911 - Consumer Review

Carrera Coupe (3.6L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

996's are the value of the century
By Porsche Lover on

2003 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 911 on 9/11 from an individual who had babied it. It only had 13K miles when I bought it 5 years old, so essentially I got all the experience the first owner had when it was new at about 1/3 of the original price. 996's, especially the later ones, like this one, are very underrated, mainly because of the different shape of the headlights. Let me say this - when you're cruising down the road and going through the gears, you're in a Porsche. Period. It is still a work of art, a marvel of technology and a high performance race car all rolled into one. I bought an extended warranty from Easy Care just in case, but haven't had to use it. Great value on quintessential sports car!

Handling, paint job, engine purr, looks fast sitting still, sport design wheels, running through the gears as fast a possible, head turns, thumbs up from other Porsche drivers, my wife even loves it, something shocking to both of us!

Porsche has since improved dashboard. A couple hundred $ of aftermarket aluminum or carbon fiber fixes any issue one might have with the dash. You can also get an aftermarket 996 to 997 light kit if you want to change the headlights, but to me it's beautiful just as it sits.