2003 Porsche 911 Convertible 3.6L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

2003 Porsche 911 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

2003 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Carrera Convertible (3.6L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific 911 model:
Pure Fun
By Ken on 03/10/08 13:43 PM (PDT)

2003 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have had sports cars in the past; corvettes, BMW M3, 500SL. NOTHING comes close to the pure fun of a Porsche 911 Cabriolet. Everybody else on the road is there only for you to pass them. Takes the corners impossibly well. Exterior design that you never get tired of. I have had Mercedes for many years and I am impressed with the ergonomic design and build quality of Porsche, absolutely on a par with MB (or better). If you have never driven a 911, you dont know what you are missing. I will say that I test drove a couple of coupes and really didn't fall in love until I drove the cabriolet. Top down is a car driving sensory overload.

This Car Has It All Together
By HE GOES! on 03/14/07 05:34 AM (PDT)

2003 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned several Porsche's over the years. However, this is undoubtedly is the best one yet! Its power and handling are outstanding. The car is solid, and the ride, albeit harsh, creates a feeling that the it is glued to the road. It does not have much luggage space, but who cares. It has great instrumentation, which tells everything a real driver wants to know about the car and engine. It's gas mileage isn't great, but who cares, it's a Porsche. I have no complaints.

2003 911 Carrera Cabriolet
By tcjenn on 01/08/06 09:44 AM (PST)

2003 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is a more luxurious car than any of my other 911 Porsche that I have owned. It does't have exactly the same ferrocious acceleration as my 1998 C2S or my 1993 RS 911, but it is a more forgiving ride. It is more comfortable around town. It oozes with a formal, superior luxurious ride. I have found that if I switch off the PASM control, things get back to the Porsche feel that I am more accustomed to. This car has the full leather interior option and it feels, looks, and smells great. I also have the aero kit, it adds a fantastic look to the car.

Midlife Crisis
By Ed on 06/11/05 21:47 PM (PDT)

2003 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Crisp handeling, acceleration is awsome, and an overall dream car. A must have before you die and leave this world, because you dont know if theres going to be one wherever your headed.

2003 911 cabrio
By Jersey Guy on 05/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Recently acquired a used 2003 911 cabriolet that was traded in on a 2004 C4S cab. The word 'outstanding' does not do justice to the car. Fit, finish, ride, handling, acceleration, and the "oh wow" factor are simply first-rate. In the 40 years I have been driving my 2000 Boxster and the '03 911 cabriolet are simply the finest cars I have ever owned or driven. The '00 Boxster was flawless. It was never in the shop for anything other than the most routine of maintenance. The new car gives evidence of having the same quality built in. For me, the Prosche advertising slogan: "Porsche, there is no substitute" is spot on.

My 911/996 2003 Cabriolet
By Don S/ on 09/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I drive a triple black Porsche and its just a great automobile far superior to my 1995 C2 and Z06 Vette. This car just has class, speed, comfort and handles unbelievably. I am very happy with it and cant wait to break it in. The engine noise is like the old 994's, I can just get mesmorized listening to the engine when taking off and accelerating. I have been stopped a few times already with admirers,, this is the ultimate rag top roadster that sets the standard for all others in my opinion. Once you drive a Porsche, you never go back, I tried to but couldnt stand another car and couldnt replace the feel and the experience.

Hard to beat...
By Geo2000 on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

A great all around driver. Step on the gas even at 5th or 6th gear and just go, go. I can't think of a better choice yet! Handling of course is excellent, Fit and finish are outstanding. Interior is well laid out. Navi is a real plus. A blast to drive and a real head turner.

Excitement on highway. Good day-to-day.
By Mick on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Overall: * Great ride for someone who needs a day-to-day ride that is humungous fun on the open road! * Excellent torque from 4000rpm and up to the 7200 red-line. * Beautiful intake roar as the engine moves above its middle point * Beat the convertible M3, Corvette, Jaguar XKR, Aston DB7 Vantage, and other luxury convertibles to 60 and 100; and have your friends and family wave from the back to the Viper and 360 Modena 2-seater crowd just as they creep past you!

The Benchmark of Sports Cars
By John933xx on 05/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This car defines what a sports car should be! Superb acceleration, ride and handling. Very comfortable on long trips for 2 people. Windscreen makes top-down driving a joy. AC and Bose sound are right up to snuff. Car is a dream at 80 to 100 MPH. Quiet for a convertible.

No Better Choice
By A. Zuazua on 03/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Cabriolet 2003, no better choice yet! Performance is excellent, you will need no more, and if it had it, you would not be able to use it...this car goes fast! and it accelerates quick. Fit and finish are outstanding, no rattles or flaws. Full leather is just that, awesome full stitched leather. Drop top at up to 25 MPH an improvement over previous years. I installed a short throw shifter(6 sp) and the gear shifting is precise and very short. This is a much better car and a lot more fun to drive than any other sports automobile I have had in the past including a Ferrari 328 and a TR.