Used 2003 Porsche 911 Carrera Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 911 model:

996's are the value of the century
By Porsche Lover

2003 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 911 on 9/11 from an individual who had babied it. It only had 13K miles when I bought it 5 years old, so essentially I got all the experience the first owner had when it was new at about 1/3 of the original price. 996's, especially the later ones, like this one, are very underrated, mainly because of the different shape of the headlights. Let me say this - when you're cruising down the road and going through the gears, you're in a Porsche. Period. It is still a work of art, a marvel of technology and a high performance race car all rolled into one. I bought an extended warranty from Easy Care just in case, but haven't had to use it. Great value on quintessential sports car!

Favorite Features

Handling, paint job, engine purr, looks fast sitting still, sport design wheels, running through the gears as fast a possible, head turns, thumbs up from other Porsche drivers, my wife even loves it, something shocking to both of us!

Suggested Improvements

Porsche has since improved dashboard. A couple hundred $ of aftermarket aluminum or carbon fiber fixes any issue one might have with the dash. You can also get an aftermarket 996 to 997 light kit if you want to change the headlights, but to me it's beautiful just as it sits.

The Perfect Used Porsche
By Paul

2003 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car. 15 Porsches this by far my favorite. I was a purist not getting a water cooled 911. Quality of materials, dependable, fast (with K&N and Italian exhaust) decent ride, find one with the optional sport seat, these are really comfy.

Favorite Features

Superior pain, fit and finish, unreal bang for the buck right now on the used market.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders are poor. Rear wipers on standard C2s.

911 Porsche delivers!
By CWB

2003 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

The performance and handling of the Porsche 911 border on telepathic! It deleivers on the promise of exception performance, comfort nad reliability. This is a true driver's car; not Spartan but neither is it burdened with clutter and unecessay bells and wistles. What is most remarkable is that such a capable sports car can be so civilized!

2003 911
By madhav pai

2003 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

It's a piece of history! After 40 years Porsche has finally tuned its chassis against the laws of physics. It's amazing to drive and so reliable. No other super car can reach 100,000 miles and still run smoothly. The Germans know how to build and it shows on the JD Power survey.

Favorite Features

The exhaust sound is better than the Bose stereo.

Dream Car
By wrbtu

2003 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I've wanted one of these since 1968, & finally got my dream car. I'm a big guy, but the interior has plenty of leg room & shoulder room. Acceleration is excellent, but I got beat a couple of times by much less expensive cars, which really shouldn't have happened. Back seat is handy for putting bags onto. It's not hard getting into & out of; for those who think this is tough, try an Audi TT & see what you think then. Top quality materials throughout, but at this price, a little more metal instead of plastic would be nice. I get 21 mpg, which is surprisingly good.

Favorite Features

Comfort, road feel, precise steering, worksmanship. Visibility is outstanding (I can see all views well, compared with my TT, which has blind spots everywhere). All-way power driver's seat is great, & has memory feature.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders should be better placed & fit larger cups. Bose radio gets very poor reception (even in a major metropolitan area) with in-windshield antenna. A CD changer should be standard. GPS shouldn't cost as much as it does.