2002 Porsche 911 3.6L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Surprise Surprise

2002 Porsche 911 - Consumer Review

Carrera Coupe (3.6L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Surprise Surprise
By Jim Sommers on

2002 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I've had this car for nearly 4 years. It has about 30K miles on it. When I bough it I was quite prepared to pamper it, have it constantly looked after and treat it more as a "weekend fun machine." I've done none of these things. It's as reliable as anything I've ever owned (mostly Hondas, Toyotas, etc. in recent years). I've done nothing except change oil & tires and it's my only car. I use it all year - including cold, with snow winter where the only sacrifice I make is using winter tires. The gas mileage has been a respectable 24+MPG during the entire time so far. Yeah, this is all that "practical" stuff supposedly not of interest to someone into these kind of goodies-read on

Favorite Features

My favorite, if it can be called "feature" is that it is a total joy to drive, whether I want to push it hard on back roads or sit back & take a relaxing long (500 mile+) trip. Perhaps my "favorite" is that I'm confident that (unlike my previous 'vettes) I can just pick up & go without concern.

Suggested Improvements

Controls, especially the radio, CD are the pits. After 4 years I still have to look just to turn the darn thing on. I'd love a quiter cabin for long trips where I like to listen to music that actually has a dynamic range.