2002 Porsche 911 Consumer Review: An unexpected Pleasure

2002 Porsche 911 - Consumer Review

Carrera Coupe (3.6L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

An unexpected Pleasure
By Giovanni B. on

2002 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Always fun to drive, even after 7+ years of ownership. I would recommend buying a set of winter tires to anyone who lives in a cold climate, especially if you expect to drive in snow regularly. Without them, the garage is the best place for the car! However, with a set of snows traction becomes very good & driving confidence climbs considerably. This is my ONLY car and I use it in all sorts of nasty weather. I don't baby it at all.

The most amazing and unexpected thing for me has been the car's reliability. True, upkeep ain't cheap, but aside from a couple of flats - expensive proposition, those tires! - I've never been stranded anywhere for anything. I don't hesitate to jump in the car and wolf off 5 - 700 miles.

The biggest gripe I have is with the tires. They perform very well BUT they are sooooo fragile - and soooo expensive to replace when you destroy one. I'm also tempted to say that on many occasions I'd love a quieter interior, but hey, it's a Porsche - fancy - sports car right?