2002 Porsche 911 3.6L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - First Porsche C4 Cabriolet

2002 Porsche 911 - Consumer Review

2002 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Carrera Convertible (3.6L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

First Porsche C4 Cabriolet
By Mr King on

2002 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Spring 2008 acquired beautiful used factory certified 2002 cab in seal gray over black leather with 33,000 miles for less than 50% original window sticker. Tight as a drum. Fast, fun, smooth, reliable, comfortable and sure-footed. Can confidently drive very fast. Daily driver is a 2007 BMW 335 coupe. A truly great machine but there's nothing like a ragtop Porsche in the twisties on a summer night or spring/fall day. I see a 997 TT cabriolet in my future.

Favorite Features

Driving experience, acceleration, exhaust sound, breaking, reliability, premium sound system, beautiful body design with rocker flares, factory sport 18" wheels, 2 year 100,000 mile certified factory warranty.

Suggested Improvements

Dash board in early 996s not as inspiring as later years or 997s. Convertible top squeaks a bit right over my head and material pulling away from rear folding mechanism. Sometimes I miss the more visceral road connection I experienced in the 2005 Honda S2000 I had before the Porsche.