2002 Porsche 911 Consumer Review: Awesome car, some issues, all

2002 Porsche 911 - Consumer Review

Awesome car, some issues, all smile
By Wayne Chu on

2002 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a 5 year old used Carrera C2 through the local Porsche dealship with 48,000km on it. The car developed a wee-wee noise from the get go. The dealer serviced the brakes, changed the transmission but could not make the noise go away. It turned out to be the front wheel bearing. I was told this was not a common issue with this vehicle and the dealer did not see a history of wheel bearing replacement in the past. One of the bi-Xenon bulb also had to be replaced last year; it was covered under extended warranty. It was a good thing I bought extended warranty. Since then, the car is running perfect and I am enjoying it.

The styling of all Carreras is ageless, this one is no exception. Powertrain is solid.

I have the complete servie records for this vehicle, there are at least 3 oil seal replacement in various locations. The dealer does not call it oil leaks, it was called oil sweating. I am just not use to see this type of sweating as normal. But then again, this is my first Porsche with the flat 6.