Used 2002 Porsche 911 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Porsche 911

View reviews for a specific 911 model:

The Amazing Porsche GT2
By N$ane

2002 Porsche 911 GT2 Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The Porsche GT2 is the second fastest Porsche, only slower than the Carrera GT. I just test drove the 2007 turbo and the GT2 still has it beat. The weight and rear wheel drive make it a quicker car for much less money than the next 2007 Turbo. For the biggest bang for your buck in super car performance, try the GT2. You will be amazed!

Favorite Features

The best feature is the performance. Make sure you wear your seat belt because you will need it in this beast!

Suggested Improvements

Come out with the 2008 GT2.

I love this car!
By Sam

2002 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I've had all kinds of cars and many Porsches over the years. I race a Porsche 944 competitively and this is my weekend toy. Despite some of the negatives that you might hear about the 996, these are awesome, modern Porsches. This car is fantastic in every way. Invest in a remote top from Wilhelmy and operate the top from the key fob. I can't live without mine!

Favorite Features

Power, power top, looks, seat heaters, and build quality.

Suggested Improvements

More HP of course!

911 Wundercar
By jbarry

2002 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Having owned a number of sports cars over the years, and having lusted after many others, the biggest downside to the 911 is that you no longer lust for anything better. The car does almost everything unbelievably well. The 911 provides race car acceleration and handling, while offering a fairly comfortable ride and interior, a really usable trunk (so you can drive to the store), a wonderful level of fit and finish, excellent gas mileage and reliable performance. Besides all of the above, it's flat out gorgeous.

Favorite Features

The acceleration and handling are incredible.

Suggested Improvements

It could use a little more leg room, although I've spent a day in it comfortably and I'm 6 feet tall.

Amazing Machine
By DP

2002 Porsche 911 GT2 Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

After a disasterous experience with a Ferrari, I returned to Porsche but wanted something more aggressive than my previous 2002 996. After seeing the depreciation hit the GT-2s had taken, I bought one with 9,000 miles on it. It is an amazing car, no issues, starts everytime, doesn't miss a beat. This one had a Techart exhaust and equal length headers - the power is just insane (made my 355 w/ Tubi seems downright slow in comparison). Zero to 100, I don't think anything can keep up with this car. Given how cheap these are selling for, I would recommend to anyone who wants something more exotic than the Turbo. Also, with the low production, it is destined to be a collectible.

Favorite Features

The exotic looks, Honda reliability, and unbelievable power and handling.

Suggested Improvements

None

There is no Substitute
By mike

2002 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

The Porsche 911 is the finest auto out there bar none. It is fast off the line and can out handle most professional race cars. The sporty looks really turn heads and maintanance is not as costly as it is on most Europeansorts cars. Own at least one in your life time!

Favorite Features

The driving experience.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the seat comfort.