2002 Porsche 911 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 911 model:
the best and getting better
By ricker on 08/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Just traded my '99 996 for the '02 model-- the 20bhp and retuned exhaust kick butt and make this even better than the previous model. As always the paint and fit/finish are flawless-- the car is a real head-turner every place I go. Porsche knows how to build the best street legal race car that can still hold up to the rigors of a daily driver. I get a smile on my face everytime I slip behind the wheel and my left hand cranks the engine.

Awesome
By markkody on 07/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Such a thrill starting this car up. City or highway, you feel the eyes on you and the power under your foot. The engine can be heard several blocks away when powering it up. The friends all love it. No complaints about this slick work of art.

True Love
By Gudencaren on 06/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera 4 AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This car is incredible. The best comment that I heard about it from passengers is that it "sticks to the road like bubble gum". They missed a lot of small details with the car, but the performance is right on.

silver bullet= rattling beer can
By car fan on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera 4 AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is a fast and capable car. I traded my 1995 for this vehicle. Mechanically this car is a better sports car. Quality is not good at all on the interior. Rattles all over the place The mechanics have spent a lot of time doing the interior produciton corrections that porsche should have done better at the factory. I do not expect a totally quiet convertable on 30 series tires, but clearly a 90K car should be better than this. The Boxters they have been nice enough to give as loaners show better interior quality control.