Used 2002 Porsche 911 Convertible Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Porsche 911 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 911 model:

First Porsche C4 Cabriolet
By Mr King

2002 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera 4 AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Spring 2008 acquired beautiful used factory certified 2002 cab in seal gray over black leather with 33,000 miles for less than 50% original window sticker. Tight as a drum. Fast, fun, smooth, reliable, comfortable and sure-footed. Can confidently drive very fast. Daily driver is a 2007 BMW 335 coupe. A truly great machine but there's nothing like a ragtop Porsche in the twisties on a summer night or spring/fall day. I see a 997 TT cabriolet in my future.

Driving experience, acceleration, exhaust sound, breaking, reliability, premium sound system, beautiful body design with rocker flares, factory sport 18" wheels, 2 year 100,000 mile certified factory warranty.

Dash board in early 996s not as inspiring as later years or 997s. Convertible top squeaks a bit right over my head and material pulling away from rear folding mechanism. Sometimes I miss the more visceral road connection I experienced in the 2005 Honda S2000 I had before the Porsche.

Fatal Attraction!!
By Frank

2002 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

What can I say more. The title says it all! I finally got my dream car and it was absolutely worth the wait! I have a triple black 911 and I look forward each week for the Fridays, the Saturdays, and the Sundays to take her out for a run!! Thank you Porsche!!

Besides being a head turner? Acceleration, 6 speed manual, overall interior and exterior design!

Figure out a space for my golf clubs. Uh, never mind! I'd rather drive my Porsche!

Low ratio Quality/Cost
By Broken

2002 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Car just lost power and stopped downtown with no warning, engine is broken, waiting for repair appointment and estimates. I am disappointed with quality, On- board computer has no diagnostic message to display.

Power, speed.

Overall quality of the mechanic.

996 - C4
By Craig H

2002 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera 4 AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is a gorgeous fun car. I prefer it any day to my E55 AMG (which is MUCH quicker) - nothing has the cache of the Porsche. Top-down and it doesn't get any better on a warm afternoon in the Asheville hills.

You drive this car - really drive it. It has perfect placement of everything (but the cup holder). It's fast and subtle.

It is a perfect car. (ok ... give us all lumbar as a std feature).

I love this car!
By Sam

2002 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I've had all kinds of cars and many Porsches over the years. I race a Porsche 944 competitively and this is my weekend toy. Despite some of the negatives that you might hear about the 996, these are awesome, modern Porsches. This car is fantastic in every way. Invest in a remote top from Wilhelmy and operate the top from the key fob. I can't live without mine!

Power, power top, looks, seat heaters, and build quality.

More HP of course!