2002 Porsche 911 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 911 model:
911 Wundercar
By jbarry on 10/19/06 07:39 AM (PDT)

2002 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Having owned a number of sports cars over the years, and having lusted after many others, the biggest downside to the 911 is that you no longer lust for anything better. The car does almost everything unbelievably well. The 911 provides race car acceleration and handling, while offering a fairly comfortable ride and interior, a really usable trunk (so you can drive to the store), a wonderful level of fit and finish, excellent gas mileage and reliable performance. Besides all of the above, it's flat out gorgeous.

There is no Substitute
By mike on 02/19/06 13:04 PM (PST)

2002 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera 4 AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

The Porsche 911 is the finest auto out there bar none. It is fast off the line and can out handle most professional race cars. The sporty looks really turn heads and maintanance is not as costly as it is on most Europeansorts cars. Own at least one in your life time!

There is no Substitute
By Harry on 12/03/05 02:11 AM (PST)

2002 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

The car surpasses expectations as it is fast, safe and comfortable. The build quality is excellent and the styling is timeless. It is easy to drive well if you have exp in high performance cars. It is a substantial improvement over the prior 911's I have owned.

Porsche 911
By barb plessinger on 10/27/05 17:47 PM (PDT)

2002 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera 4 AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a speed yellow Porsche 911 Carrera 4 and it is a great car. Everyone loves it. The convertible is great. I also love the tiptronic transmission and all wheel drive. I don't like the fact that the steering wheel doesn't raise through. It is a good thing that I am short. Overall this is a great car so far.

Good but Not Great
By Estrid on 10/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Fun to drive, head turning car. Broke camshaft at 2000 miles after perfect break in. Dealer replaced engine. Engine misses when hot at low rpm and oil pressure can fluctuate at sustained rpm. Dealer says computer diagnostics show everything normal. Alignment was incorrect from purchase date despite dealership review after 200 miles. Alignment now correct and handling is vastly improved. Even after the headaches, it may be the best performance and looks for the money.

Porsche - is it worth the money
By Bill M on 04/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Excellent performance, fun to drive. Quality is a different issue - manual shifter is not very smooth (dealer claims it responds as spec'd). Blew rear main seal at 12,000 - dealer does not stock the parts (claim porsche needs specific VIN before sending replacement part - does this mean they are aware of a major manufacturing process problem ?) - takes weeks to get. Radio & cassette player are bogus

It's a chunk of change... But worth it!
By Koka on 04/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera 4 AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This car is perfectly balanced and it is pretty much impossible to get it off the road. Difference between 2001 model and 2002 (and up) is enormous, although only 20 hp). Fun to drive factor is incredible. I postponed purchase with a year, since I felt it was too much money. And granted, it is a chuck of change, but when I test- drove one, I understood, this car is worth it! My advice: Don't wait until your 50+ to get this car, get it while you're still young...

its awesome
By tbleo on 11/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera 4 AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Just one drive is all that it will take to understand.

best car , reliable
By tom greene on 11/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera 4 AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

this is the greatest not even my ferrari or bmw compares to this. its fun to drive super fast and very comfortable. i raced a ferrar 360 modena and smoked the ferrari. its worth the buy. the best place to buy porsches is leith porsche in Cary,NC. they have great deals. overall this is the best car yet.

A real mans car
By brent on 10/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera 4 AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Have had different cars in past, so I decided to try the 911 Carrera4 Cab. The look of class, success and prestige pour from this car. As I drive down the windy road, I see 5 Corvettes look in envy,but anyone can afford a GM. A Jag or I mean Ford pulls up and I smile. Then a Mercedes..I mean Mopar pulls in and I shake my head. When I spend $100,000 on a car, I dont want to see 10 of them on my way to the store,or wish I had another...Drive one, it is a peice of classful art.