2002 Porsche 911 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 911 model:
Little Fast Tank
By goodtogo on 08/05/10 10:39 AM (PDT)

2002 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I drive it to work everyday depending on which office between 20 and 60 miles. I can't get over how solid and rigid it is, just like a fast tank. I put one O2 sensor in it (it has four) and an oil separator that's it, except for tires.

A tremendous sports car for the money
By eDoug on 04/15/09 09:04 AM (PDT)

2002 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Since prices have come down on these, they represent a tremendous value for anyone seeking a sports car, and anyone charmed by the voluptuous shape and performance of a 911. While many snuffed the new looks of the 996 chassis and design, it's unmistakably all 911... and the performance on and off the track are testimony to it's heritage. There are some weak points mechanically in some cars, but this is factored in to the low prices we're seeing for these models. 2002 added some nice goodies - and it's a great year... Would I love a 2009 997? Perhaps, but when you might be able to pay cash for a 2002 with only incrementally lower performance (but less weight, too), it's an easy decision.

An unexpected Pleasure
By Giovanni B. on 03/02/09 18:47 PM (PST)

2002 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Always fun to drive, even after 7+ years of ownership. I would recommend buying a set of winter tires to anyone who lives in a cold climate, especially if you expect to drive in snow regularly. Without them, the garage is the best place for the car! However, with a set of snows traction becomes very good & driving confidence climbs considerably. This is my ONLY car and I use it in all sorts of nasty weather. I don't baby it at all.

Awesome Targa!!
By Jonas on 12/31/08 11:21 AM (PST)

2002 Porsche 911 Coupe Targa Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I frequently change vehicles and have had some of the greats in the mid- price range - Elise, NSX, S2000. The 911 edges out the NSX for top honors in my opinion. It gives an unbelievably smooth ride when calm, but upon hard acceleration or cornering tightens up significantly. This is the first of the cars I've owned that my wife will drive. I've only had the car for a few months, but it hasn't missed a beat. Also, the torque curve is much more linear than any car I've previously owned. It's a welcoming contrast to the lack of bottom end power I've experienced in the past. In my opinion the Targa design is far superior to the standard 911; the glass breaks up the roof line nicely.

None better
By 02 911 Targa on 03/23/08 09:25 AM (PDT)

2002 Porsche 911 Coupe Targa Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This car is amazing and is tough to beat. The best sports car on the streets today.

Awesome car, some issues, all smile
By Wayne Chu on 02/21/08 12:43 PM (PST)

2002 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a 5 year old used Carrera C2 through the local Porsche dealship with 48,000km on it. The car developed a wee-wee noise from the get go. The dealer serviced the brakes, changed the transmission but could not make the noise go away. It turned out to be the front wheel bearing. I was told this was not a common issue with this vehicle and the dealer did not see a history of wheel bearing replacement in the past. One of the bi-Xenon bulb also had to be replaced last year; it was covered under extended warranty. It was a good thing I bought extended warranty. Since then, the car is running perfect and I am enjoying it.

2002 Porsche 911 C4S
By bl bl on 01/15/06 18:36 PM (PST)

2002 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 4S AWD 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

The 2002 Porsche 911 C4S is the best car to drive. It has amazing handling and compares to any Ferrari. It makes a good everyday car.

Should of saved my money and gotten an M3
By Lauren on 10/17/05 00:13 AM (PDT)

2002 Porsche 911 Coupe Targa Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

The 911 is a nice car, but I believe it is one of those items that is better admired from a distance. The reliability of my Targa has been horrible, and the interior rattles as if it is going to fall apart. The interior design is a joke, and the ergonomics are even worse. There are a lot of little things wrong with the interior that show a lack of car, spaces that shouldn't be there, misspellings in the display, tape holders without tape, and nothing is easy to find. A BMW M3 offers the same performance for half the price, half the insurance, and half the maintenance. What was I thinking?

Surprise Surprise
By Jim Sommers on 06/15/05 17:17 PM (PDT)

2002 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I've had this car for nearly 4 years. It has about 30K miles on it. When I bough it I was quite prepared to pamper it, have it constantly looked after and treat it more as a "weekend fun machine." I've done none of these things. It's as reliable as anything I've ever owned (mostly Hondas, Toyotas, etc. in recent years). I've done nothing except change oil & tires and it's my only car. I use it all year - including cold, with snow winter where the only sacrifice I make is using winter tires. The gas mileage has been a respectable 24+MPG during the entire time so far. Yeah, this is all that "practical" stuff supposedly not of interest to someone into these kind of goodies-read on

Great for a change on the fly!
By ccandjzc on 08/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Porsche 911 Coupe Targa Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This Targa has been a great car. I owned a 996 coupe before it and several older Targa's. The large moon roof when up and wind and volume free driving, when down are a lot of fun. The hatchback feature is terrific and I don't understand why Porsche hasn't done this on the coupe. Unlike prior Targa's, it corners as well as the coupe. When it slides back, the rear visibility is reduced. Great car!

1 2 3 4 5 next »