2001 Porsche 911 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 911 model:
What a driving machine!
By Catch me if you can on 05/27/08 23:46 PM (PDT)

2001 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I thought about a Caymen S, a 993 or maybe an older air cooled 911. Then I drove the 996. Done! My 996 can be driven at 35 MPH on city streets all day long. Or on the freeway at 65 MPH. Then I downshift and push the pedal! This car is phenomenal! Suspension can be tricky on corners at high speed. Great feedback. Insane braking. Comfortable to drive. Bose stereo is very nice for a small car like this. Definitely get one if you can afford it!

If you can afford it, get one
By DIC_CAMARILLO on 12/26/07 23:12 PM (PST)

2001 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

This is our 4th Porsche (2nd water cooled) and its the best we've ever owned. The power is exceptional. Handling is superb. Comfortable to drive - great seats. This car looks fabulous. I recommend the non-turbo for a few reasons. The Carrera is lighter, has a true Porsche feel and you can get an extended warranty - should be purchased. The Turbo is incredible, but the all wheel drive takes some of the challenges out of driving. I like the feeling of knowing where the traction limits are. I think this is what makes a 911 such a fun car to drive. The tail gets a little loose, but not like the older 993 and 911. If you're going to drive this car hard, you need to pay attention.

Get the Six Speed with 18's
By qualityfirst1 on 03/16/07 20:06 PM (PDT)

2001 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

What a great little car. The interior has a very nice, quality feel. The seats are amazingly comfortable. I have power memory seats which I recommend. The CD player is good, but skips a little. The Bose stereo system sounds very good. It has a gorgeous body with nicely flared out rear fenders. The Litronic HID lights look great and shine a nicely focused beam of light down the road. Now for the good stuff! Its acceleration is strong through the power band, the car will push you back in your seats. The engine sings as its RPMs increase to red line! The shifter is precise and I love how when it's in neutral, it sits right between 3rd and 4th - you can't mis-shift. It corners like shes on rails. The brakes are amazing.

Love at First Sight, Every Time ...
By HTTP403 on 08/03/06 06:55 AM (PDT)

2001 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 AWD 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

My Porsche 911 never fails to exceed my expectations. Whether it is a drive up to the cottage, a cross country trip to the East Coast (2,500 km), competing in Targa Newfoundland, taking it to Mosport for track days or going out for groceries this car delivers whatever is required. The running costs of the car aren't excessive and insurance wasn't a killer (one of the benefits of middle age). Five years after buying it I'm still surprised at how much fun it is and how great it looks. If you're a car fan you owe it to yourself to get into one of these if you can. And the good news is they just keep getting better!

No Worries Performance
By vvassallo on 06/09/06 17:46 PM (PDT)

2001 Porsche 911 Turbo AWD 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

After 5 months with the car, I can say it is pretty awesome. This is the most value for your money in supercars if you buy a low mileage 2001. Its handling stock is decent, but a bit mushy - coil over upgrades take care of that. There's plenty of HP on tap to embarrass all but the most exotica on the road. Get a warranty. Parts and maintenance are better priced than Ferrari, but stout. This car's most dangerous trait is how it accelerates like a missile before you know it. PSM keeps it tame in the twisties. It's not a Ferrari, but it's pretty close. The wow factor is not as much as you might like if you crave attention though.

'01 996 Cab
By Another commuter on 05/03/06 15:05 PM (PDT)

2001 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

If you are considering a Porsche, just do it. Though I've not owned the car for long, I can honestly say that I'll be keeping it for a very long time. You get just what you want and expect from a true sports car: a rough ride, phenomenal handling, great acceleration, and the alluring tune of the Porsche Boxer engine. Those who complain about the rattles are missing the whole point of a car that has sacrificed body-stiffening weight for enhanced road performance.

911 Turbo rocks
By Al Temail on 11/24/05 21:57 PM (PST)

2001 Porsche 911 Turbo AWD 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

If you have the money and you want to experience real performance, try the 911 Turbo. The car is almost too fast for the streets of Dallas, you need plenty of room when you get into it because in a flash you'll be at 85 and there's huge upside from there. If I don't hit 110 everyday (even for a moment) it's a sad day. There are plenty of reasonably priced mods that you can do to increase performance - if you need it. Bear in mind there is a Porsche tax which means the same part for BMW will cost 50% less and the same part for a Mercedes will cost 30% less. As the saying goes, speed costs money, how fast can you afford to go?

Awesome Car!
By SJ Sims on 06/14/05 08:49 AM (PDT)

2001 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 AWD 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

Very reliable. Still turns heads. While suffers, as most do, from the rear main seal leak, it's a warranty item, so no big deal. If I could only own one of my cars, this would be the one I'd keep.

Wow
By Gareth on 05/10/05 20:35 PM (PDT)

2001 Porsche 911 Turbo AWD 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my 3rd Porsche 911. I previously owned a 1986 C2, then a 1999 996 C4. I vow have a 2001 911 Turbo. There is absolutely no comparison between this car and any other 911. This is like driving a Ferrari. Only superbikes can keep up. It will put a huge grin on your face shortly followed by a loud YAHOO! I love it. I've had 911's for about seven years and this car for just under two years. The prices are very reasonable these days on used turbos. Go for it. I wouldn't recommend buying new, the depreciation in the first two years is brutal.

I grin every time I drive this car!!!!
By SilverBlue on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Porsche 911 Turbo AWD 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I recently bought this used car from a dealership. Paid for the certification to get the extended warranty. I'm sure it will pay off down the road.