Used 2001 Porsche 911 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 911 model:

Classic no fault automobile
By swiz454

2001 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

It was my dream car as a kid and even though I had to go used I have no complaints or regrets. I found a cherry '01 manual with only 26k on the clock, all original with removable hardtop. My daily driver is a '09 BMW 335i coupe auto. That car, as great as it is, does not draw compliments like the 911. It's a statement to how timeless the design really is. Surprising the 911 is just as fast as my 8 year newer BMW. At today's prices the 996 are a super bargain right now. My friends thought it was new. I suggest searching out a good example, park it in the garage and drive it for another 10 years.

Favorite Features

Styling, rawness to the power, rear engine note at full throttle. 6 speed. Removable hardtop. 18" Turbo twist wheels.

Suggested Improvements

cupholders are a joke but who cares. Buy bottled water and throw it on the passenger seat. Stereo speakers are weak.

What an Upgrade!
By EMPEX

2001 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

My wife traded our Boxter for a 2001 911 convertible one owner with 20K miles. This is the greatest upgrade ever. I love this car. It handles like a race car but is a great daily driver. The performance is great and I love the looks. I keep trying to buy a Vette but have ended up with 2 Porsches. The dealership here is great and I'm in the Porsche club now. My Porsche experience has been positive. Repairs and maintenance aren't cheap but keeping a fine sports car in perfect shape is worth it. One fall day with the top down on a curvy mountain road is something you can't describe. I recommend Porsches.

Favorite Features

The interior design and high end stereo.

Suggested Improvements

A $96K car needs a cup holder!

Just a solid sportscar
By Porsche Love

2001 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

Truly a wonderful daily driver, though we don't put more than 4,000 average miles per year. Keep it on Porsche battery tender and battery stays fresh between weekend drives. Absolute symphony to the ears every time you open her up. Great exhaust notes and engine revs that make you say, "More please!". Great handling, classic style, and heritage galore all wrapped up in a pretty Arctic Silver Metallic package!

Favorite Features

World-class braking, effortless acceleration, cornering ability, fuel economy for 300+ HP, high speed performance, full-leather (did not realize how much I'd like this until actually had it!), supple leather, chrome exhaust, white dials, painted center console to match the beautiful silver exterior paint.

WOW, now this is a sports car!
By spamjuice

2001 Porsche 911 Turbo AWD 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

After sending away my 2004 M3, I bought my 2001 911 Turbo and what a difference that was. This car will give you goose bumps in the turns, acceleration, the roar of the rear engine and in braking. It even looks fast at the stop light! I have to admit, it took me a little time to adjust to the rear weight bias, but overall, the car is very manageable. I only dared to switch the PSM off every now and then. Everything is fantastic in the car, the interior with the curves look more Italian than German. Never had a problem with it so far, built like a tank.

Favorite Features

Everything is awesome and well thought out in that car.

Suggested Improvements

none.

Porsche pride
By RYANDOUGLAS.CA

2001 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

Few products will ever be as iconic as this car. Nothing else is a 911. Period. The styling is classic and timeless. I suppose that's attributed to the rules and principles of aerodynamics, they won't change either.

Favorite Features

Body style, cornering and overall handling.

Suggested Improvements

Better cup holders. Beverages "launch" from their seat upon sudden acceleration. Blind spots are bad with the rag top up.