2001 Porsche 911 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 911 model:
Male Menopause Black on Black Self Gift
By Quijote on 05/17/10 20:20 PM (PDT)

2001 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

It's the most unreasonable, justifiable smile producing gift any man should indulge in. The Carrera is a tight fit,smooth growl and fun-to-drive, eye brow twitcher racer. Don't second guess yourself-just buy it and you will be rewarded. There is a little burn smell after a hard drive but it seems to be normal.

Best Car I have ever owned
By Melanie on 05/14/10 22:42 PM (PDT)

2001 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera 4 AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

We have a small car collection (including an Audi R8 and Audi RS6), the Porsche is not the quickest in the group but it is the most reliable. Its a C4 with the sports package. The C4 corners better than either Audi and there is nothing to compare to the freeing feeling of driving the Porsche with the top down! I have replaced the sound system and added navigation and a radar detector. The car now has 60k mi on it and I have not had one mechanical problem.The battery had to be replaced once and general maintenance that's it! The Audis have had numerous problems and they are both years younger. You cannot beat the elegance, classic style, performance, and reliability of this piece of art!

Classic no fault automobile
By swiz454 on 12/31/09 12:52 PM (PST)

2001 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

It was my dream car as a kid and even though I had to go used I have no complaints or regrets. I found a cherry '01 manual with only 26k on the clock, all original with removable hardtop. My daily driver is a '09 BMW 335i coupe auto. That car, as great as it is, does not draw compliments like the 911. It's a statement to how timeless the design really is. Surprising the 911 is just as fast as my 8 year newer BMW. At today's prices the 996 are a super bargain right now. My friends thought it was new. I suggest searching out a good example, park it in the garage and drive it for another 10 years.

What an Upgrade!
By EMPEX on 10/15/09 19:53 PM (PDT)

2001 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

My wife traded our Boxter for a 2001 911 convertible one owner with 20K miles. This is the greatest upgrade ever. I love this car. It handles like a race car but is a great daily driver. The performance is great and I love the looks. I keep trying to buy a Vette but have ended up with 2 Porsches. The dealership here is great and I'm in the Porsche club now. My Porsche experience has been positive. Repairs and maintenance aren't cheap but keeping a fine sports car in perfect shape is worth it. One fall day with the top down on a curvy mountain road is something you can't describe. I recommend Porsches.

Just a solid sportscar
By Porsche Love on 10/05/09 11:54 AM (PDT)

2001 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

Truly a wonderful daily driver, though we don't put more than 4,000 average miles per year. Keep it on Porsche battery tender and battery stays fresh between weekend drives. Absolute symphony to the ears every time you open her up. Great exhaust notes and engine revs that make you say, "More please!". Great handling, classic style, and heritage galore all wrapped up in a pretty Arctic Silver Metallic package!

Porsche pride
By RYANDOUGLAS.CA on 07/20/08 01:40 AM (PDT)

2001 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera 4 AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

Few products will ever be as iconic as this car. Nothing else is a 911. Period. The styling is classic and timeless. I suppose that's attributed to the rules and principles of aerodynamics, they won't change either.

'01 996 Cab
By Another commuter on 05/03/06 15:05 PM (PDT)

2001 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

If you are considering a Porsche, just do it. Though I've not owned the car for long, I can honestly say that I'll be keeping it for a very long time. You get just what you want and expect from a true sports car: a rough ride, phenomenal handling, great acceleration, and the alluring tune of the Porsche Boxer engine. Those who complain about the rattles are missing the whole point of a car that has sacrificed body-stiffening weight for enhanced road performance.

Can be daily driver but I wouldn't.
By gio on 11/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

It has awesome acceleration and handling. Not to happy with quality of interior materials. Options increase price quickly. Recommend you buy the car with least amount of options.

2001 996 Cab
By lfbmdpc on 08/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

Nothing new to add that hasn't already been said