Used 2001 Porsche 911 Convertible Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 911 model:

Male Menopause Black on Black Self Gift
By Quijote

2001 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

It's the most unreasonable, justifiable smile producing gift any man should indulge in. The Carrera is a tight fit,smooth growl and fun-to-drive, eye brow twitcher racer. Don't second guess yourself-just buy it and you will be rewarded. There is a little burn smell after a hard drive but it seems to be normal.

The sheet metal curves on the body are cool. Brakes are very responsive. Oil changes cost over $125. Don't forget to change the cabin filter. Rear tires erode prematurely. Options are unnecessary.

LED on the A/C display burn out. Rear shocks are a stiff and keep the butt jittery. Wish there was a after-market glove compartment add-on.

Best Car I have ever owned
By Melanie

2001 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera 4 AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

We have a small car collection (including an Audi R8 and Audi RS6), the Porsche is not the quickest in the group but it is the most reliable. Its a C4 with the sports package. The C4 corners better than either Audi and there is nothing to compare to the freeing feeling of driving the Porsche with the top down! I have replaced the sound system and added navigation and a radar detector. The car now has 60k mi on it and I have not had one mechanical problem.The battery had to be replaced once and general maintenance that's it! The Audis have had numerous problems and they are both years younger. You cannot beat the elegance, classic style, performance, and reliability of this piece of art!

The sound of the engine, low maintenance costs (for a car in it's league), comfort, easy to obtain parts if needed, lots of after market options to personalize your car (like carbon fiber accents), and it is a timeless piece. Love it, love it, love it!

I recently had a new top with a glass window put on the car, this improved visibility with the top up. I also recently upgraded the sound system. I am going to change the exhaust as well soon, but love the sound! I finally found an aftermarket cup holder for the center console that actually works.

Classic no fault automobile
By swiz454

2001 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

It was my dream car as a kid and even though I had to go used I have no complaints or regrets. I found a cherry '01 manual with only 26k on the clock, all original with removable hardtop. My daily driver is a '09 BMW 335i coupe auto. That car, as great as it is, does not draw compliments like the 911. It's a statement to how timeless the design really is. Surprising the 911 is just as fast as my 8 year newer BMW. At today's prices the 996 are a super bargain right now. My friends thought it was new. I suggest searching out a good example, park it in the garage and drive it for another 10 years.

Styling, rawness to the power, rear engine note at full throttle. 6 speed. Removable hardtop. 18" Turbo twist wheels.

cupholders are a joke but who cares. Buy bottled water and throw it on the passenger seat. Stereo speakers are weak.

What an Upgrade!
By EMPEX

2001 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

My wife traded our Boxter for a 2001 911 convertible one owner with 20K miles. This is the greatest upgrade ever. I love this car. It handles like a race car but is a great daily driver. The performance is great and I love the looks. I keep trying to buy a Vette but have ended up with 2 Porsches. The dealership here is great and I'm in the Porsche club now. My Porsche experience has been positive. Repairs and maintenance aren't cheap but keeping a fine sports car in perfect shape is worth it. One fall day with the top down on a curvy mountain road is something you can't describe. I recommend Porsches.

The interior design and high end stereo.

A $96K car needs a cup holder!

Just a solid sportscar
By Porsche Love

2001 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

Truly a wonderful daily driver, though we don't put more than 4,000 average miles per year. Keep it on Porsche battery tender and battery stays fresh between weekend drives. Absolute symphony to the ears every time you open her up. Great exhaust notes and engine revs that make you say, "More please!". Great handling, classic style, and heritage galore all wrapped up in a pretty Arctic Silver Metallic package!

World-class braking, effortless acceleration, cornering ability, fuel economy for 300+ HP, high speed performance, full-leather (did not realize how much I'd like this until actually had it!), supple leather, chrome exhaust, white dials, painted center console to match the beautiful silver exterior paint.