No substitute!
By Rob on
2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe
Have owned car about a year, purchased used with 50k on it. Had original window sticker and records. Always wanted a 911 since I was a kid 30 years ago, but fearful of cost of owning a performance German car, but wish I had done it years ago. Awesome driving car, a solid rock. Bullet like acceleration, brakes that stop on a dime and give 9 cents change, on rails handling, visceral exhaust noise. Classic style that will never be mistaken for some pseudo Asian competition. This car is addictive to drive. I find myself always taking the long route home.
Favorite Features
Right now acceleration (even with tiptronic automatic), incredible brakes, seductive exhaust note, cool spoiler that can be manually activated or auto up at 75 mph or greater.
Suggested Improvements
Needs some sort of glove box and a upholder. I'm 6 feet and the seats start to get uncomfy after 2 hours of driving, better support. Engine coolant reservoir cracked and leaked, an expensive fix at about $450. Syn oil changes run about 100 bucks a pop. Would buy another good used one in a blink again. 00