Used 2000 Porsche 911 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 911 model:

Love this car!!!
By Pronounced_Porsh-A

2000 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 4 2dr Coupe AWD

The sound of acceleration is intoxicating, as is rolling through a slow-speed zone in first or second gear. This car turns heads. One minor problem is lack of a cup holder. One MAJOR problem is that every 20 year old idiot in a honda will tailgate you, as well the 'never will afford a real car' minivan driving middle age losers (male and female). Cannot tell you how many times I have been driving merrily along and some MORON pulls up next to me and starts revving his engine: especially contractors in pickups trucks. Gas milage: unbelievebly good. I just re-tread with factory spec tires, and the cost was under a grand.

Too much to list. Performance in turns, acceleration sound and smoothness, comfort, shifting. Gas milage.

Add a cup holder! This is a daily driver, and I want to be able to have some water or coffee while I traverse my work commute.

Pure sports car
By Craft190

2000 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 2dr Coupe

Everything I expected in a street legal race car. If you want a luxury sport touring car, or muscle car buy one, but not a Porsche.

takes a hair-pin like on a rail

what's to improve

It's a blast!
By No1touch

2000 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 4 2dr Coupe AWD

This car performs beautifully. Precise handling, excellent acceleration and great, classic styling contribute to a great experience in the vehicle. 27 mpg at 65 mph is a bonus. It ended up my best mileage vehicle.

Acceleration is so smooth.

2000 Porsche 911 Millennium Edition
By Zordos

2000 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 4 2dr Coupe AWD

After arriving back from the Porsche Zuffenhausen factory where I went on the tour, I felt compelled to promote these fine cars. I was blown away by not only the legendary performance of this fine automobile but also the quality of both the components and workmanship are matched only by the attention to detail in the design. There is very little to find fault with. Mind you Porsche has been refining this car for over 40 years.

Fast, yes but quick too. You can't use fast very often (on this side of the Atlantic) but you can use quick all the time. ;)

None as of yet. I'll ket you know if I come up with any.

Fun To Drive, When its not leaking
By markmjm

2000 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 2dr Coupe

I sold my 95 NSX because it couldn't safely accommodate children. My 2000 911, of course, can do this, and it's more comfortable, it offers more technology (in terms of safety, performance, etc.), and it is about as much fun to drive. However, despite good JD Power reliability ratings I have been disappointed. With only 6000 easy miles on the odometer, I've had to deal with 3 oil leaks -- a pinched O-ring, a leaky valve cover, and in the past few days, the main oil seal has begun to fail. I understand that 911s have a reputation for oil leaks but this is a bit much, especially compared to that NSX....

Performance, useful interior (family friendly!).

Eliminate the oil leaks and occasional interior panel squeaks, larger audio controls.