Used 2000 Porsche 911 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 911 model:

A Man's Dream Car
By Big G

2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Convertible

I went from a boxster to my conv. carrera. What a huge difference in power, speed and handling. I love getting the looks from other drivers when I pass them and that engine roar makes people turn and admire this powerful looking car. Like some of you out there, I take it out for a spin and return back home with a smile.

Favorite Features

Exterior, interior, power, drive, speed

Suggested Improvements

Place the cup holders else where, improve the sound system.

2000 911 Cabrio
By 2000 911 Cabrio

2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Convertible

I've owned this car since new and used it as a weekend toy, and what a toy it is. On the 1 or 2 occasions where I thought about selling it, I've only had to go and drive it for a few miles and I've come back with a smile on my face. It's hard to believe that it could be improved on. The only problems I've had have been with the top was not working correctly when I first got the car. The performance, handling styling and overall experience of ownership have been above my expectations. I would absolutely buy another Carrera.

Favorite Features

The performance, handling, and how the interior fits like a glove.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the Pirelli P-zeros and replace with something with a little longer life.

Pure exitment
By morris944

2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe

This is definitely a great purchase. This car is fun to drive and I can't find enough reasons to drive it. Its horsepower and torque have a nice balance. The only complaint is the suspension. It is too soft for such a performance vehicle. A stiffer suspension would give this car more predictability. However the PSM certainly compensates for it.

Favorite Features

Power, PSM, exhaust sytem and sport seats.

Suggested Improvements

Stiffer suspension and ceramic brakes.

If you can Afford One, Buy It
By Thomas

2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe

I have had several air cooled Porsche 911's and this first water cooled auto is a blast to drive and own. It has great handling and awesome excelleration through the gears. It can easily handle the C4 Corvettes and most of the tricked out Hondas and Subarus that aren't too tuned up. I don't waste the gas on the new 350ZX's that pull up and want to go at it. A lot of people tailgate you out of jealousy, but you get used to it and just slow down to aggravate them. Through the twisties, nothing out there can keep up with you as long as you stay on the gas pedal, the handling is phenomenal. I am going to sell this car soon and upgrade to a late model 996 Turbo.

Favorite Features

The stock stereo sounds OK, it has plenty of headroom and an ample front trunk. Its stopping ability is short and crisp with no brake fade. The A/C also shuts down when you put your foot on the gas pedal all the way down. The climate control works fine and all the gauges are easy to read.

Suggested Improvements

Give it bigger and firmer seat bolsters and a nicer sounding stereo. Add a center cupholder and a shorter throw gear box.

Cab Review
By jk08

2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Convertible

Outstanding car! Runs like a dream. Extremely well engineered. Superb handling.

Favorite Features

Fast and fun!

Suggested Improvements

None