Used 2000 Porsche 911 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Porsche 911 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 911 model:
Love this car!!!
By Pronounced_Porsh-A on 09/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 2dr Coupe AWD

The sound of acceleration is intoxicating, as is rolling through a slow-speed zone in first or second gear. This car turns heads. One minor problem is lack of a cup holder. One MAJOR problem is that every 20 year old idiot in a honda will tailgate you, as well the 'never will afford a real car' minivan driving middle age losers (male and female). Cannot tell you how many times I have been driving merrily along and some MORON pulls up next to me and starts revving his engine: especially contractors in pickups trucks. Gas milage: unbelievebly good. I just re-tread with factory spec tires, and the cost was under a grand.

Pure sports car
By Craft190 on 07/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe

Everything I expected in a street legal race car. If you want a luxury sport touring car, or muscle car buy one, but not a Porsche.

It's a blast!
By No1touch on 03/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 2dr Coupe AWD

This car performs beautifully. Precise handling, excellent acceleration and great, classic styling contribute to a great experience in the vehicle. 27 mpg at 65 mph is a bonus. It ended up my best mileage vehicle.

2000 Porsche 911 Millennium Edition
By Zordos on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 2dr Coupe AWD

After arriving back from the Porsche Zuffenhausen factory where I went on the tour, I felt compelled to promote these fine cars. I was blown away by not only the legendary performance of this fine automobile but also the quality of both the components and workmanship are matched only by the attention to detail in the design. There is very little to find fault with. Mind you Porsche has been refining this car for over 40 years.

Not just a toy
By New Porschephile on 01/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Convertible

I had never owned a high end sports performance car. This was definitely a step up from the Japanese ones I previously owned and the newer ones on the current market. Initially, looked at buying a Maserati Spyder with F1. Oddly another customer at the Ferrari dealership recommended trying Porsche and I have not looked back. I thought this would be a car that sat in the garage to maintain its value with low mileage. I can't stop driving it though, taking it to work everyday, routine shopping, long-distance trips, and sometimes just for fun. It has been a pleasure to drive. The kids want to ride in it all the time as well.

A W E S O M E
By uttooth on 10/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Convertible

Most awesome car I have ever driven !!! Needs a cup holder though...Very cool one button top control feature...A W S O M E Car........

THE BEST
By RENE on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Convertible

GREAT FUN TO DRIVE,LOVE IT.LOOKS AND DRIVES LIKE IT SHOULD. IT HAS BEEN SHEER JOY AND WONDER WHAT I WAS WAITING FOR

supper fun car, but.......
By hughbert on 08/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Convertible

This car is a blast to drive around, has a beatiful exterior design, very quiet convertable top. The most impressive part of the design is the way the top automatically folds into the rear. My only complaint is that such an expensive car should have at least the basics for a high-end interior. The stereo is 'B' in quality, and there are no cup holders or storage space for CDs.

Fun To Drive, When its not leaking
By markmjm on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe

I sold my 95 NSX because it couldn't safely accommodate children. My 2000 911, of course, can do this, and it's more comfortable, it offers more technology (in terms of safety, performance, etc.), and it is about as much fun to drive. However, despite good JD Power reliability ratings I have been disappointed. With only 6000 easy miles on the odometer, I've had to deal with 3 oil leaks -- a pinched O-ring, a leaky valve cover, and in the past few days, the main oil seal has begun to fail. I understand that 911s have a reputation for oil leaks but this is a bit much, especially compared to that NSX....

More Power Please
By BP69 on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe

The input from the steering wheel always impresses me. The car is terrific to drive, light on its feet, and a pleasure to drive. It needs more power though. I was looking at a GT-3 or a turbo but then found TPC on the East Coast. They are shipping me a supercharger and I will have around 440 hp. Problem solved!!