2000 Porsche 911 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 911 model:
No substitute!
By Rob on 05/03/10 21:04 PM (PDT)

2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe

Have owned car about a year, purchased used with 50k on it. Had original window sticker and records. Always wanted a 911 since I was a kid 30 years ago, but fearful of cost of owning a performance German car, but wish I had done it years ago. Awesome driving car, a solid rock. Bullet like acceleration, brakes that stop on a dime and give 9 cents change, on rails handling, visceral exhaust noise. Classic style that will never be mistaken for some pseudo Asian competition. This car is addictive to drive. I find myself always taking the long route home.

1st Porshe
By JG on 07/06/09 21:49 PM (PDT)

2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe

If you have never owned a Porsche. You should at least once in your life. It is not just a car it is pure man and machine made whole in one. It is perfection. Want to go fast in a straight line buy a Vette; want an experience buy the Porsche.

Pure exitment
By morris944 on 03/27/06 15:52 PM (PST)

2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe

This is definitely a great purchase. This car is fun to drive and I can't find enough reasons to drive it. Its horsepower and torque have a nice balance. The only complaint is the suspension. It is too soft for such a performance vehicle. A stiffer suspension would give this car more predictability. However the PSM certainly compensates for it.

If you can Afford One, Buy It
By Thomas on 01/16/06 02:41 AM (PST)

2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe

I have had several air cooled Porsche 911's and this first water cooled auto is a blast to drive and own. It has great handling and awesome excelleration through the gears. It can easily handle the C4 Corvettes and most of the tricked out Hondas and Subarus that aren't too tuned up. I don't waste the gas on the new 350ZX's that pull up and want to go at it. A lot of people tailgate you out of jealousy, but you get used to it and just slow down to aggravate them. Through the twisties, nothing out there can keep up with you as long as you stay on the gas pedal, the handling is phenomenal. I am going to sell this car soon and upgrade to a late model 996 Turbo.

Pure sports car
By Craft190 on 07/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe

Everything I expected in a street legal race car. If you want a luxury sport touring car, or muscle car buy one, but not a Porsche.

Fun To Drive, When its not leaking
By markmjm on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe

I sold my 95 NSX because it couldn't safely accommodate children. My 2000 911, of course, can do this, and it's more comfortable, it offers more technology (in terms of safety, performance, etc.), and it is about as much fun to drive. However, despite good JD Power reliability ratings I have been disappointed. With only 6000 easy miles on the odometer, I've had to deal with 3 oil leaks -- a pinched O-ring, a leaky valve cover, and in the past few days, the main oil seal has begun to fail. I understand that 911s have a reputation for oil leaks but this is a bit much, especially compared to that NSX....

More Power Please
By BP69 on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe

The input from the steering wheel always impresses me. The car is terrific to drive, light on its feet, and a pleasure to drive. It needs more power though. I was looking at a GT-3 or a turbo but then found TPC on the East Coast. They are shipping me a supercharger and I will have around 440 hp. Problem solved!!

996 GT2 Aero
By Donnie C on 01/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe

I really love driving this car. I still get excited avery time I go to the garage to drive it. I have other cars to use, but I am always drawn to the 996. I had a 993 prior to this one, and really think they did a great job with the new design. A little less raw sports car, but great overall. I love the Tiptronic transmission.

Two years in
By Seamus on 05/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe

This is my first Porsche. On the whole I am pleased with the car and would consider buying another (likely a Turbo as I really feel the car needs another 50+ hp). Reliability is fairly good although I and many other 996 owners have had new rear main oil seals. The last factory ECU tune downloaded at service now has the check engine light flashign on and off.