2000 Porsche 911 Consumer Reviews

2000 Porsche 911 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 911 model:
Best Porsche I ever owned
By enriver on 09/30/14 04:54 AM (PDT)

2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe

Fast and responsive -This Carrera is the best Porsche I have ever owned, it is quick, agile and and feels completely safe on any surface. Gone is the extreme over-steer and the front end lift under acceleration, and at 0-60 in 5 seconds, the 996 is nothing to sneer at. I bought this Porsche in 2012 with 53,000 miles, it looks new, it feels new and it is very well maintained and a pleasure to polish. Much maligned by the snobs who call themselves "purists" and the IMS and RMS fear mongers, this car has proven them wrong. Not a drop of oil on the floor, no additional oil between changes and including the recent 60 K inspection service it costs only $50.00 per month in maintenance.

Nothing better
By Joe on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Convertible

I bought this car 5 years ago - speed yellow with black top, and then 28,000 miles. It's almost 11 years old now with 60,000 miles. No one believes it. These are phenomenally fun, well- built and fast cars. I drive mine daily and thoroughly enjoy it. By far the most satisfying car I've ever owned (and I've owned Mercedes, Audi, Lexus, Toyota, etc...) There is no doubt that the only thing that will replace it will be a newer 911 convertible - hopefully a Turbo. In a word - you need one!

No substitute!
By Rob on 05/03/10 21:04 PM (PDT)

2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe

Have owned car about a year, purchased used with 50k on it. Had original window sticker and records. Always wanted a 911 since I was a kid 30 years ago, but fearful of cost of owning a performance German car, but wish I had done it years ago. Awesome driving car, a solid rock. Bullet like acceleration, brakes that stop on a dime and give 9 cents change, on rails handling, visceral exhaust noise. Classic style that will never be mistaken for some pseudo Asian competition. This car is addictive to drive. I find myself always taking the long route home.

Great Car!!!
By KaptHero on 10/01/09 15:22 PM (PDT)

2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 2dr Convertible AWD

I picked this car up used, one owner, 48,000 Miles and it's been a dream. No oil leaks to speak of, mechanically sound. This is a great daily or just weekend driver. I change my own oil for under $50 and that is with a K&N Filter and Mobil 1.

1st Porshe
By JG on 07/06/09 21:49 PM (PDT)

2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe

If you have never owned a Porsche. You should at least once in your life. It is not just a car it is pure man and machine made whole in one. It is perfection. Want to go fast in a straight line buy a Vette; want an experience buy the Porsche.

A Man's Dream Car
By Big G on 08/17/08 15:49 PM (PDT)

2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Convertible

I went from a boxster to my conv. carrera. What a huge difference in power, speed and handling. I love getting the looks from other drivers when I pass them and that engine roar makes people turn and admire this powerful looking car. Like some of you out there, I take it out for a spin and return back home with a smile.

2000 911 Cabrio
By 2000 911 Cabrio on 06/01/06 15:17 PM (PDT)

2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Convertible

I've owned this car since new and used it as a weekend toy, and what a toy it is. On the 1 or 2 occasions where I thought about selling it, I've only had to go and drive it for a few miles and I've come back with a smile on my face. It's hard to believe that it could be improved on. The only problems I've had have been with the top was not working correctly when I first got the car. The performance, handling styling and overall experience of ownership have been above my expectations. I would absolutely buy another Carrera.

Pure exitment
By morris944 on 03/27/06 15:52 PM (PST)

2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe

This is definitely a great purchase. This car is fun to drive and I can't find enough reasons to drive it. Its horsepower and torque have a nice balance. The only complaint is the suspension. It is too soft for such a performance vehicle. A stiffer suspension would give this car more predictability. However the PSM certainly compensates for it.

If you can Afford One, Buy It
By Thomas on 01/16/06 02:41 AM (PST)

2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe

I have had several air cooled Porsche 911's and this first water cooled auto is a blast to drive and own. It has great handling and awesome excelleration through the gears. It can easily handle the C4 Corvettes and most of the tricked out Hondas and Subarus that aren't too tuned up. I don't waste the gas on the new 350ZX's that pull up and want to go at it. A lot of people tailgate you out of jealousy, but you get used to it and just slow down to aggravate them. Through the twisties, nothing out there can keep up with you as long as you stay on the gas pedal, the handling is phenomenal. I am going to sell this car soon and upgrade to a late model 996 Turbo.

Cab Review
By jk08 on 10/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Convertible

Outstanding car! Runs like a dream. Extremely well engineered. Superb handling.