1999 Porsche 911 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 911 model:
It is a sweet machine
By riverrock on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 2dr Coupe

No problem to date. The car is fun to drive, and it is a true everyday performance car.

Be careful, the engines are not reliable
By bnewport on 12/12/09 12:44 PM (PST)

1999 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 4 2dr Coupe AWD

I bought my car in 2003 just as the original warranty ran out. It had 17000 miles, cost 45k and I bought a 2.5k extended warranty. It was lucky I did. I used the car daily, summer and winter. I also did maybe 12 PCA drivers education events in the car. The car's engine was the main issue. It would check engine at high steady RPMs with a misfire code. The dealer changed the lifters (4k) but the car had the same issue afterwards and the dealer then changed the computer (2k). The CEL remained. The car later had an engine failure where the cylinder wall failed. It was new engine time. 13.5k from the dealer with a 2 year warranty. The tiptronic transmission also failed and cost 10k to replace.

Exotic and Drivability!
By Dr. W T on 11/16/08 16:53 PM (PST)

1999 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 2dr Coupe

Owned similar cars and brands, but NEVER liked a car more than this one. It has the best combination of a daily driver, exotic car, looks, and best of all reliability. It's looks are ageless. I got more compliments on this one than any other cars I owned (though the classic Benz came close). The best thing is it leaves me with a great smile every time I drive it.

Sports car standard!
By XCAP on 09/15/07 12:10 PM (PDT)

1999 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 4 2dr Coupe AWD

For performance, comfort, reliability, looks and fun this car has no peer! I've never owned an auto so enjoyable to drive. And so stable in really awful driving conditions!

Best Car I've Owned
By William T on 01/28/07 21:52 PM (PST)

1999 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 2dr Coupe

This is my first Porsche, having owned Mercedes and Japanese luxury cars previously. It is very fun to drive and extremely reliable. The handling is superb. I understand why Porsche 911's are legendary. I love the interior and exterior design. Every inch of interior space is utilized and I can actually carry a third passenger occasionally on short trips. This car is great for LA driving. It can be used for joy drives or everyday use.

'99 Carrera 4
By bcocar on 08/23/06 15:36 PM (PDT)

1999 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 4 2dr Coupe AWD

This is an amazing car. Its acceleration, braking and cornering are phenomenal, yet I get 20 mpg around town and 28 highway. It is big enough to fit the kids with me. Its storage space is a bit tight due to the smaller trunk on the C4. My ownership costs have been modest - just gas, oil and coolant change. The Litronic lights are a must - they make a huge difference in visibility at night.

XTC on Wheels!
By xtcapple on 07/07/06 13:27 PM (PDT)

1999 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 2dr Coupe

OK, to start off I have always been a true fanatic of German enginering. Before I could even see over the steering wheel, I drooled on the wheels of them. I always dreamed of owning a Porsche 911 someday. Hard work and fate came together and here we are. I have a 1999 Porsche 911 996, and it's mine all mine. I didn't stop driving for three days straight. Getting lost in the grassy knolls above and around Bakersfeild, CA. for an entire day from sun up to sundown.

Wow, what a fun car!
By Casketman on 06/21/05 00:33 AM (PDT)

1999 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 2dr Coupe

This is my 3rd 911. After driving for a few days, I am truly amazed. I didn't think Porsche could build a decent water-cooled 911. Boy, was I wrong. This car is fast, tight and really fun to drive. Car handles like its wearing sneakers instead of tires. Interior is still on the cheap side, but this ride is as close to F-18 fighter jet as I'll ever get.

Great Car - Sick for 7 seven years
By Torresdale on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 2dr Coupe

Porche 911 bright yellow was a dream come true.My oldest sun talked me into purchasing this car even though he drove most of the miles. MY son pulled into the garage(always garaged,no just rust) scratched lower bumper guard. Michael Peleberg,mgr.of service at Bryan Mawr is so detail oriented and a terrific person One critical comment is the car required the original set and 2 other sets of tires and this was not right.Car had required maintainces,so misaligned or balanced tires wasn't cause. I don't think you'll find a 99 Porsche Carrera with 13,500 miles. I'm getting better(finally) and will probably get another porsche.My wife doesn't like yellow. Sorry cordially To

Where do I go from here?
By Ed Yates on 02/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 2dr Coupe

Longtime owner of an E36 M3, which I love and had worked on so it had about 300 hp. Always wanted a 911 tho, and found the perfect one, which i bought at a pretty good price (good enough so i could keep the M3). WOW. What a car. The driving experience is SO different from the M3, what with the 50/50 weight of the Bimmer and the much more tail heavy nature of the 911.Not quite as easy to drive fast as the M3 (the Bimmer being damn near impossible to break lose) but much more rewarding when you really dial it in.Cant think of another car I would rather have, and I've driven Ferrari 360's, 355's,M5's, E46 M3's, etc. If you can afford it...Buy it!