1999 Porsche 911 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 911 model:
accept no subtitute!!!
By zoom20 on 12/23/10 23:29 PM (PST)

1999 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera 4 2dr Convertible AWD

this is my first porsche,power,looks,braking,wow.just awesome,have owned the car for a year and i just love it.

Love This Car
By First Porsche on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera 2dr Convertible

This was the first Porsche that I have owned and would buy another one in a second. I have have had no issues with the Porsche and found it to be extremely reliable and problem free.

Dependable Daily Driver - That's Sexy
By PorscheGuy on 11/15/09 10:19 AM (PST)

1999 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera 4 2dr Convertible AWD

All sports cars offer some degree of fun, often coming with a high Cost of maintenance. The Porsche company has refined the 911 over so many years that no other sports car can match the dependability of the 911. Turn the key and it goes every time and Oh yeah the fun factor is off the chart not to mention the head turning from those wanting to be you. I have had eight Porsches mostly air cooled but starting with the 996 Porsche raised the bar. If you want a true sports car you can drive every day get a Porsche - because it really stinks when the mechanic spends more time with your ride then you do!

1999 Carrera
By David on 12/02/08 12:38 PM (PST)

1999 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera 2dr Convertible

I have owned many Porsches, including a factory Slant-nose turbo and a 930. I have also owned 3 Ferraris (a 250 GT, a Lusso, a 330GTC). I have driven many other fine and classic sports cars including XK-Es, Alfas,Maseratis. I have owned my 1999 Carrera convertible since new. For many years it was a third car, but since the kids are older and I don't need to drive them all over town as much any more it has been my daily driver for the last two years. While newer Carreras are prettier and slightly faster, this Porsche has been the best and most reliable sports car that I've ever owned. While Ferraris are great, they are a maintenance headache; they break! (don't let anybody tell you differently

I'm in heaven!
By Kenny G on 11/25/08 17:03 PM (PST)

1999 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera 2dr Convertible

This is my first Porsche. Never even considered buying one until I saw this black on black one looking brand new at the dealership. This car is 10 years old but doesn't look or drive more than a year old. It is fast, sleek,eye catching, and I love it.

1999 911C2 Cab
By JD on 01/13/07 09:14 AM (PST)

1999 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera 2dr Convertible

Overall my 1999 911 C2 cab is awesome. It is a second car for me. I just drive it on nice days. This is the best overall performing sports car I have ever driven when you factor, handling, speed, performance, and not to mention style. You can buy a warranty form your local Porsche dealer for about $2,500 for four years / 48,000 miles. It is well worth the money as the dealer is not cheap and don't trust local mechanics to work on this machine.

World Class Sports Car
By rh888888 on 08/06/06 04:34 AM (PDT)

1999 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera 2dr Convertible

I have always thought Porsches were ugly and never got what the hype was about, until I drove my buddy's. It only took 15 miles and I was hooked. I "GET IT" now and will never own any other brand of sports car. I suggest getting a warranty though. Minimal problems are expensive. Also buy one with good tires they are $250 each for the rear.

1999 C4 Cabriolet
By Aslan 996 on 12/27/05 18:06 PM (PST)

1999 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera 4 2dr Convertible AWD

This has been my dream car for many years and now that I own her, she has NOT disappointed. She is a dream to drive. I have never felt more in control of any automobile than I do in this exquisite automobile. Short drives, long drives, it does not matter; she is a dream to drive.

1999 PORSCHE 996
By KBRN01 on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera 2dr Convertible

ALOT OF FUN TO DRIVE. ZERO PROBLEMS TO DATE.

Great Car, Fun to Drive, Head-Turner
By Carrera 4 on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera 4 2dr Convertible AWD

Great Quality, excellent drivability, steady and sure-footed.