1999 Porsche 911 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 911 model:
accept no subtitute!!!
By zoom20 on 12/23/10 23:29 PM (PST)

1999 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 2dr Convertible AWD

this is my first porsche,power,looks,braking,wow.just awesome,have owned the car for a year and i just love it.

It is a sweet machine
By riverrock on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe

No problem to date. The car is fun to drive, and it is a true everyday performance car.

Love This Car
By First Porsche on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Convertible

This was the first Porsche that I have owned and would buy another one in a second. I have have had no issues with the Porsche and found it to be extremely reliable and problem free.

Be careful, the engines are not reliable
By bnewport on 12/12/09 12:44 PM (PST)

1999 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 2dr Coupe AWD

I bought my car in 2003 just as the original warranty ran out. It had 17000 miles, cost 45k and I bought a 2.5k extended warranty. It was lucky I did. I used the car daily, summer and winter. I also did maybe 12 PCA drivers education events in the car. The car's engine was the main issue. It would check engine at high steady RPMs with a misfire code. The dealer changed the lifters (4k) but the car had the same issue afterwards and the dealer then changed the computer (2k). The CEL remained. The car later had an engine failure where the cylinder wall failed. It was new engine time. 13.5k from the dealer with a 2 year warranty. The tiptronic transmission also failed and cost 10k to replace.

Dependable Daily Driver - That's Sexy
By PorscheGuy on 11/15/09 10:19 AM (PST)

1999 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 2dr Convertible AWD

All sports cars offer some degree of fun, often coming with a high Cost of maintenance. The Porsche company has refined the 911 over so many years that no other sports car can match the dependability of the 911. Turn the key and it goes every time and Oh yeah the fun factor is off the chart not to mention the head turning from those wanting to be you. I have had eight Porsches mostly air cooled but starting with the 996 Porsche raised the bar. If you want a true sports car you can drive every day get a Porsche - because it really stinks when the mechanic spends more time with your ride then you do!

1999 Carrera
By David on 12/02/08 12:38 PM (PST)

1999 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Convertible

I have owned many Porsches, including a factory Slant-nose turbo and a 930. I have also owned 3 Ferraris (a 250 GT, a Lusso, a 330GTC). I have driven many other fine and classic sports cars including XK-Es, Alfas,Maseratis. I have owned my 1999 Carrera convertible since new. For many years it was a third car, but since the kids are older and I don't need to drive them all over town as much any more it has been my daily driver for the last two years. While newer Carreras are prettier and slightly faster, this Porsche has been the best and most reliable sports car that I've ever owned. While Ferraris are great, they are a maintenance headache; they break! (don't let anybody tell you differently

I'm in heaven!
By Kenny G on 11/25/08 17:03 PM (PST)

1999 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Convertible

This is my first Porsche. Never even considered buying one until I saw this black on black one looking brand new at the dealership. This car is 10 years old but doesn't look or drive more than a year old. It is fast, sleek,eye catching, and I love it.

Exotic and Drivability!
By Dr. W T on 11/16/08 16:53 PM (PST)

1999 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe

Owned similar cars and brands, but NEVER liked a car more than this one. It has the best combination of a daily driver, exotic car, looks, and best of all reliability. It's looks are ageless. I got more compliments on this one than any other cars I owned (though the classic Benz came close). The best thing is it leaves me with a great smile every time I drive it.

Sports car standard!
By XCAP on 09/15/07 12:10 PM (PDT)

1999 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 2dr Coupe AWD

For performance, comfort, reliability, looks and fun this car has no peer! I've never owned an auto so enjoyable to drive. And so stable in really awful driving conditions!

Best Car I've Owned
By William T on 01/28/07 21:52 PM (PST)

1999 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe

This is my first Porsche, having owned Mercedes and Japanese luxury cars previously. It is very fun to drive and extremely reliable. The handling is superb. I understand why Porsche 911's are legendary. I love the interior and exterior design. Every inch of interior space is utilized and I can actually carry a third passenger occasionally on short trips. This car is great for LA driving. It can be used for joy drives or everyday use.