1995 Porsche 911 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 911 model:
The Porsche 993 (the 911s from 1995 to 1998) Rock!
By jewbaca on 04/20/11 15:26 PM (PDT)

1995 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Convertible

Having owned many a Porsche, I have to say my 993 remains my favorite Porsche. I have both a Cayenne and a 997 turbo model 911, and none compare to the feel or raw driving pleasure of the 993 models, especially the S or Turbo. Despite the power and performance (still better than 99% of the sports cars produced), it can be a daily driver --- definately a rough, bumpy, sports car, ride, though. The TMV purchase price is highly unrealistic. As the last "real" Porsche, 993s have become collector items. I would expect to pay high $50K or mid $60K for a 993S in great condition. The coupes are more expensive than the convertibles.

There really is no other
By chas on 04/19/10 18:32 PM (PDT)

1995 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe

My first Porsche, hopefully not my last. I'm not sure I can describe just how powerful an experience it is to drive a car like this every day. This is my regular driver, 3-4 days a week to work and back. I dropped a fair amount of money on it in my first year of ownership, but nothing I had to fix or upgrade was especially unreasonable. The Porsche 911 requires careful attention in its maintenance, but the rewards are very great: no other car makes you a part of the machine the way the 993 911 does. It's an experience every driver should have. My car has 112K miles on it, and it's running like a watch now. I just cross my fingers that no more expensive trolls show up soon

Best Sports Car
By Randy Leroy on 03/29/10 02:37 AM (PDT)

1995 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Convertible

It's a 15 year old sports car and still beats newer sports cars for styling. I get a hard-on every time I see another one on the road. I've driven the 996 and 997 and they feel like 'cars', while this 993 feels like a toy/sports car, complete with a true 911 feel.

My awd 95 cabrio
By peter willner on 12/27/09 04:01 AM (PST)

1995 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 2dr Convertible AWD

Bullet proof car with great style and a company that has stood behind it's product even out of warranty. It has retained a good portion of it's 15 year old value.

Fantastic Car
By Fantastic Car on 09/30/07 08:42 AM (PDT)

1995 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 2dr Coupe AWD

I've owned my C4 for five years now and have to say that it's virtually trouble free and 100% reliable. I've test driven newer Porsches with a view towards trading up but have resisted mainly because I'm not so sure it truely is a step up. For now, she's a keeper.

Lasting Contemporary Design
By dicktoth on 12/12/05 07:06 AM (PST)

1995 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe

The 1995 Porsche 911 has one of the best car designs in the world. It is fun to drive. I have had it for eight years and it is still an exciting car to drive. I have a 6 speed and Polar SIlver is the color. It is hard to tell what year the car was designed. The exhaust sounds fantastic. The power vs. car body is balanced. Most importantly this is an exciting car to drive!

Nirvana
By Fred Reiner on 01/04/05 11:21 AM (PST)

1995 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 2dr Coupe AWD

My 1995 Porsche 911 Carrera is simply an amazing car. Its fast, handles beautifully, is sexy, basically bullet proof. Others will pay you to wash your car! Understand that this car requires upkeep (largely oil changes). Remember this car's engine is not only air cooled, its "oil cooled" too. it has a cozy cockpit, but its not that small, I'm 6'1", 215# and I fit in just fine. My kids fit in the back too.

Pure Joy
By pajot on 02/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 2dr Convertible AWD

Waited a long time efore finally buy this 993, one of the last "real" Porsche. Got lucky enough to get a '95 with only 22000 miles, a beautfull color and in perfect condition all around

The best 911........ever!
By Tr on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe

This car is a blast to drive, and by far and away, the best looking Porsche ever built. Everyone should own one!

Amazing
By Joor on 12/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Convertible

Ultimate sports car.... Looks as well as performance. You can never get it wrong by buying this car