Used 1995 Porsche 911 Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 911 model:

My 1995 911 C4
By leon camerlengo

1995 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 2dr Coupe AWD

Let me begin by saying this isn't a typical sports car. When I first purchased it I wanted to drive it all year long in Columbus, Ohio and purchased snow tires for it. This thing handles incredibly well in the snow. My brother owns an AWD Subaru WRX and with the 1st snow we tested both vehicles in about 2-3 inches of snow in a big empty parking lot. We both agreed the Porsche handled better and more predictably. One of my favorite things is letting a friend who hasn't driven a Porsche before take it out on a test run and experience the Porsche driving experience. The look in their eye's when they push on that accelerator is noteworthy. This AWD 911 holds the road like no other car I've driven. I always tell them don't worry this car will not let you down, and so far it has been true. It really is an incredible experience. The sound is great so don't even think about the radio. I love how it clicks after placing it in the garage after a good run. This car is incredibly reliable and very solid and the look will compete with any car even today. The downside is you do go through rear tires usually around 7500 miles. Also, I'm on my 4th battery in 20 years. I have had many cars but let me say the 993 C4 Porsche is special. Very special.....

The Porsche 993 (the 911s from 1995 to 1998) Rock!
By jewbaca

1995 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Convertible

Having owned many a Porsche, I have to say my 993 remains my favorite Porsche.
I have both a Cayenne and a 997 turbo model 911, and none compare to the feel or raw driving pleasure of the 993 models, especially the S or Turbo.

Despite the power and performance (still better than 99% of the sports cars produced), it can be a daily driver --- definately a rough, bumpy, sports car, ride, though.

The TMV purchase price is highly unrealistic.
As the last "real" Porsche, 993s have become collector items.
I would expect to pay high $50K or mid $60K for a 993S in great condition.

The coupes are more expensive than the convertibles.

Speed, looks, sound of air-cooled engine

Can't improve perfection

There really is no other
By chas

1995 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe

My first Porsche, hopefully not my last. I'm not sure I can describe just how powerful an experience it is to drive a car like this every day. This is my regular driver, 3-4 days a week to work and back. I dropped a fair amount of money on it in my first year of ownership, but nothing I had to fix or upgrade was especially unreasonable. The Porsche 911 requires careful attention in its maintenance, but the rewards are very great: no other car makes you a part of the machine the way the 993 911 does. It's an experience every driver should have. My car has 112K miles on it, and it's running like a watch now. I just cross my fingers that no more expensive trolls show up soon

Looks. Sound. Overall driving experience is unique. Smells like leather and burnt oil. Can't beat that. Reliability has been excellent, if pricey to maintain compared to your typical Japanese sport coupe.

None. This is a classic, last of its kind, and well worth the cost of ownership to me. Just make SURE you get yours thoroughly inspected before you buy!! By a mechanic who REALLY knows what they're doing. And make sure you understand this car. There's a lot to know. It has its idiosyncrasies.

Best Sports Car
By Randy Leroy

1995 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Convertible

It's a 15 year old sports car and still beats newer sports cars for styling. I get a hard-on every time I see another one on the road. I've driven the 996 and 997 and they feel like 'cars', while this 993 feels like a toy/sports car, complete with a true 911 feel.

Handling. Engine sound. Acceleration. Modern amenities like power steering, better a/c.

Suspension.

My awd 95 cabrio
By peter willner

1995 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 2dr Convertible AWD

Bullet proof car with great style and a company that has stood behind it's product even out of warranty. It has retained a good portion of it's 15 year old value.

The 6 speed gearbox and all wheel drive are terrific.

While the convertible top is electric, there is a manual cover you may put over the open top. This is a nuisance to use.