Used 1992 Porsche 911 Coupe Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 911 model:

It's a blast
By 964dawg

1992 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 2dr Coupe

Without a doubt this is most enjoyable car I've ever owned. It's still a thrill after owning it for eight years. It's a head-turner, sure to draw comments from admirers whenever I drive it. I drove earlier models of 911s before deciding on this '92. I find it is a great combination of classic Porsche styling with enough creature comforts to make a more enjoyable ride than some of the earlier 911s. A great car and frankly more reliable than any of the BMWs I've owned that have all been 2001 or later years.

Style, power, trouble-free, brilliant handling, highest fun-to-drive for the dollar value bar none.

Better factory radio/CD.

A Genuine Driver's Car
By Richard92C2

1992 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 2dr Coupe

This is a great car to drive every day and a blast to take on long trips. It has excellent handling, good power, is comfortable, and it gets good gas milage (28 mpg on the road). I did the 75,000 mile service when I purchased it and no other service was required for one year.

The looks, handling, fun to drive, and sound of the engine.

The Tiptronic transmission is smooth but can be sluggish at times, Manual mode works better for some driving conditions.

My Third Porsche
By richard lieberman

1992 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera Targa 2dr Coupe

Fantastic car in every way. I have selected the Targa again because I love open air cars and prefer the Targa to a convertable because I have run the car on a number of race tracks, and you must have a roll bar in order to be allowed on the track. The targa top has also allowed me to carry my 18 foot canoe on the roof. The car is super quick, trouble free,and a blast to drive at speed. I would recommend anyone buying a Porsche join the Porsche club as in will add to the fun of owning the marque.

Reliability, power, handeling,and the pride of ownership.

Go back to very light weight cars the new ones are to heavy. Get a lot more price conscious, BMW's M3 offers more HP at a lot less money.

1992 Porsche 911 Carrera 2
By jbotx

1992 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 2dr Coupe

This car has been a fun, reliable car
with excellent performance. I use it
everyday, and look forward to my daily
commute. The tiptronic transmission
allows for easy use in rush hour
traffic, and can switch to the manual
mode for sporty driving.