True Sports Car
By Bad Lil Kid on
1990 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Convertible
This 911(964) has been a fantastic driving experience since the first day from the showroom. Superior handling, instant acceleration, great brakes and a feel for the road that is top of the field. Complete fun and has never been to the shop except for scheduled maintenance. My neighbor has a Testarossa and we excanged test drives. The 911 is superior in every category except top speed. And where can you drive 180+ mph ? Humm. Take the 911.
Favorite Features
Handling, brakes, acceleration, feel and reliability.
Suggested Improvements
Heater and air conditioning are still weak.
By advfamily
on 02/17/11 15:35 PM (PST)

I used to work for Ferrari as well as Porsche, I can 100% agree with the above statement. I have the same (1990 964 C4) as above and the only Ferrari that I would purchase is a new one with a warranty, every used car we sold (normally they had less then 5K miles on them, & some of them were over 30 years old) I sold 308's, 328's, 348's, 355's (this is when Ferrari started making real daily drivers that were starting to become reliable cars) Testarossa's 512's 456's, 550's, 360's, etc... Almost all of them needed to be serviced and had issues before we could sell them, a normal service is about $6-8K where my 911 I do myself for under $100,. no comparison period!!! Beside I drive my car year round, even in the snow here in Utah, I know some of you will just have yours as a garage queen but this is a car that get better and holds together when drive, unlike a Ferrari!!!