Used 2010 Pontiac Vibe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Pontiac Vibe - Consumer Reviews

2010 Pontiac Vibe

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:

A Good Vibe!
By Janda

2010 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We picked up our new Vibe just in time for a family trip - loaded the boys, the bikes and the bags and put 700 miles on pretty quickly. This is the best purchase I've ever made - I love it, I'm glad i got one in time and wish they were still making them.

Favorite Features

Driving, handling, space, features and mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Better visibility out the back.

Last of the breed
By Dakovich

2010 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased the 1.8L with optional Auto tranny. We went with the Vibe over a Scion XD for many reasons. Better looks, better interior, way more comfortable, seats go up/down, tilt/telescope wheel, more room, larger cargo area, similar mpg, still a Toyota basically so equally reliable, and the GM warranty beats the Toyota/Scion one. 1.8L Auto has plenty of juice for us, we're not aggressive drivers but it has get up and go when needed. We like the tight suspension and steering which takes bumps surprisingly well. Not many 1.8L's left around, lots of 2.4L's and AWD's though. We Didn't want to trade mpg for the extra power.

Favorite Features

Hard lined cargo area, put a bag of mulch in there and just sweep out the mess. Cargo area also has rubber runners to keep things from sliding around. OnStar for a year, XM for 3 months. Height adjustable seats. Tilt/telescope wheel. Plenty of cubbies, big glove box. Nice and high seating position.

Suggested Improvements

Going out of production, but adjustable lumbar support would have been nice. Standard tinted rear windows.

Noisy, Poor outward visibility
By Mike Joseph

2010 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven this car only for two weeks and my first impression was how small this car is and fits so much inside. It took me a while until I got used to windows and mirrors, its hard to see everything from these little windows so I was always worried about the blind spots. Also the way the hood was designed there is no way that you can see the end of the car or at least if you are close to hit something. The way the car handles is really good, it lacks power but what can you expect from a 1.8 liter engine. The main issue that I had with this car was the road noise, its so weird that you can never get comfortable when you drive on a highway from the noise level.

Favorite Features

I like the space in the car, the size and design from outside is great. I also like the way the dashboard was designed and the cup/bottle holders in the center and doors.

Suggested Improvements

I would definitely improve the outward visibility because its so dangerous the way it is now. Bluetooth feature for the radio should a standard. Work on the noise level in the car. Also the braking system should be improved, the car doesn't stop fast.

i love this car
By gregg n

2010 Pontiac Vibe GT 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

i replaced a 2003 base vibe with the 2010 gt. wow! we love it. i do miss the rear opening window, the luggage rack, but it is so fun to drive. i anticipate that my biggest concern in the future will be the paint quality. i fear that pontiac knowing they were shutting down cut back on the amount of paint applied to the car thinking what will the consumer do about it. except for that, i really love the car.

Favorite Features

the seats are great, the 5 speed auto is quite an improvement over the previous auto. the mp3 is great, no more cd's to lug around. the handling is so much fun on our curvey roads. the built in sirius radio and on star are great.

Suggested Improvements

if buick or chevy pick up the vibe, put more paint on it. make the luggage rack either standard or an inexpensive option. add the opening rear window back to the car. put the bluetooth capability into the car, even the less expensive versa and fit have it standard. give the car to buick or chevy.

Only OK so far
By Joey S

2010 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this now less than a week. Purchased with a clunker trade in and GM card points. Never would have picked a GM car otherwise. I'm taking a lot of abuse at work for its ugly exterior styling. I'm experiencing the same issue others have mentioned with the tranny in that it down shifts as soon as you let your foot of the gas. Also with only 140 miles the paint has chipped and is rusted. Nice huh? We'll see what the dealer says but I'm not optimistic. I won't do GM again. Iderad having to deal with the service department.

Favorite Features

Good acceleration. Hopefully good gas mileage. Ease of driving.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission shift points. Better paint quality I see many other posts with paint issues as well.