Used 2010 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:

RECALL, but wait!
By wade

2010 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

purchased with the help of GM points and cash for clunkers program. So, what's a good GM vehicle? Ouch, me too. Guess what, the Toyota built (80%) with a pontiac skin, is GM's best car! Check out the rating guides,it's Gm's best period! Ok, looked at it, and wow! Sporty look, interior room is suv like. I'm serious. AWD,great for wisconsin's winters. It's funny, I've read other reviews and zippy was mentioned often. My wife and I nicknamed the car "zippy" when describing the ride and feeling we get when driving. But, now we have a re-call on this vehicle! 100% fact. My service man has said we will recieve a re-call letter from Pontiac. We are @ the bottom of the food chain. Minor I hope!

Sporty design, roomy interior,xm radio,alloy rims, AWD that will not let car get stuck. seats that really feel contoured and supportive. Head room, decent stereo and speakers. ok mpg. 26 city. Good steering control and good acceleration when needed!! Zip zip zip (Sorry)Nice lines for a mid sized car

Number one concern!On automatic, the shift knob sticks up very high.When reaching with right hand up to shifter from lap or arm rest, you can and will hit shift lever and god know's what gear you will bump it into!So far it's been neutral and not reverse for me. Be careful, please. cut shaft down &

Great Purchase
By jeronomo

2010 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is actually the 1.8 L auto which is not listed as an option on Edmunds. This is a great under the radar car. It is compact enough to get good gas mileage and fit in small spaces but still feels spacious inside, with a lot of possible cargo room. I like the exterior styling better than the matrix (it's twin) or the fit. No problems so far!

Rear window wiper, standard 3-pronged outlet, fold down rear seats, good performance for an economy type car, spaciousness.

Pillar in the back is kind of big so using side mirrors is a must. Center arm rest could be made of nicer material.

Has to stop and think about accelerating
By Darryl

2010 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It has a hesitation, a miss, a delay in acceleration, a hiccup after stepping on the gas………………….it is obvious to me all the time and there to catch my attention whenever I try to go. It's not a shift issue, shifting up & down is fine. The problem is: step on the gas at 20 mph it dips its nose then goes, or step on the gas at 30 mph it dips its nose then goes, or step on the gas at 40 mph it dips its nose then goes, or step on the gas at 50 mph it dips its nose then goes, and so on. Kinda been snubbed by my dealership's service department on this, not sure if their problem, GM's issue, or what.

Other than the above problem, zippy, dependable, and a good commuter car. GM, you should keep this model, just put the Chevy emblem on the front and back.

After 7000 miles, I'm good with the Vibe. I'd love to locate a Vibe repair facility that will work the acceleration issue for me.

Excellent, fun car so far
By Chelsea Michigan

2010 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a '10 Vibe as part of CARS program -- it was very hard to find one in stock, they sold like hotcakes. We wanted a base Vibe, stripped down without add-on features (not even a/c), but couldn't find one. We wound up with a 1.8L and manual transmission, but with a/c. But that's OK. It's a very good car -- we really enjoy it! Our only complaints are the pretty tepid highway acceleration (which can be scary when merging onto highway in front of trucks), and the bizarre location of roof antenna, noted in many other reviews, which makes it hard to do much with roof rack.

Manual transmission is fun to drive, far more spacious inside than you would expect (it will carry A LOT of stuff), excellent gas mileage (we are averaging 33-34 mpg through first 5000 miles). We are really happy overall with the car, and with the decision to purchase it.

1.8L engine has good gas mileage and is fine once at speed, but can have weak acceleration when merging on highway. And get rid of the center-mounted roof antenna! It sticks up and makes the roof rack much less functional (it unscrews, I think, or can be replaced with aftermarket options).

Great car
By Dan P.

2010 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the last new Vibe GT in the northeast. Traveled almost 200 miles. Worth every mile. Great acceleration with the manual trans. Comfortable seats. Roomy enough to store all my junk and then some. Better looking than the Toyota Matrix. Even my 9 year old son likes the looks of this car. I stole this car for $15k after all the discounts. Finally I have a car that I enjoy driving.

18" Rims, leather seats, manual trans., acceleration, roomy cabin with plenty of head room even with sunroof, gas mileage, storage, Pontiac price for Toyota build quality, bang for the buck.

Road noise, blind spots, GPS option (available on the Matrix), low profile tires are going to be expensive to replace